Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Swap Shoppe > Wanted: Dead or Alive!
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2017, 06:15 PM
Rocket Launcher Extraordinaire

Question nose cone for Dr. Zooch R-7 Luna

I am looking for a nose cone for the Dr. Zooch R-7 Luna. Also how do you contact Dr. Zooch?
Old 01-09-2017, 03:43 PM
Roger Smith/JonRocket.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukemmcssret
I am looking for a nose cone for the Dr. Zooch R-7 Luna. Also how do you contact Dr. Zooch?

In addition to "Dr. Zooch," Wes is the creator of "Klyde Morris." Wes's contact info is at:

http://www.klydemorris.com/creator.cfm

-- Roger
Old 01-09-2017, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadebox
In addition to "Dr. Zooch," Wes is the creator of "Klyde Morris." Wes's contact info is at:

http://www.klydemorris.com/creator.cfm

-- Roger

Thanks
Old 01-13-2017, 07:55 PM
BAR

You SHOULD be able to get the cone from BMS if you can't get it directly from Wes... AFAIK Wes gets all the Dr. Zooch cones made by Bill at BMS...

Later and good luck! OL J R
Old 01-14-2017, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke strawwalker
You SHOULD be able to get the cone from BMS if you can't get it directly from Wes... AFAIK Wes gets all the Dr. Zooch cones made by Bill at BMS...

Later and good luck! OL J R

Thanks
Old 01-14-2017, 02:07 PM
BAR

You're welcome. I haven't heard from Wes in ages... I used to do all his beta builds. Last I heard he was thinking about quitting selling kits through direct sales and was just going to market them all through Apogee or secondary vendors... Read on Apogee's site that I think that's what he's doing now... something about "exclusive vendor of Dr. Zooch kits" IIRC... course that's been awhile back.

I hope Wes is doing well and working on some new kits... I suggested that he come out with a BT-80 based Saturn V, along with his "improved clones" of the old BT-60 Saturn V kits that he sells. The BT-80 based Saturn V would be the same "ant scale" as the extensive collection of Saturn IB's that he sells, which would be REALLY neat. Never heard anything back from him.

I like the Dr. Zooch kits A LOT... it'd be nice if he kept coming out with more kits... they're really builder's kits, old school rocketry at its finest.

If I might ask, why do you need another nosecone?? IIRC that's probably the same nosecone that is used in the Saturn IB kits for the Apollo spacecraft... might help you to locate one through BMS...

Later! OL J R
Old 01-15-2017, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke strawwalker
You're welcome. I haven't heard from Wes in ages... I used to do all his beta builds. Last I heard he was thinking about quitting selling kits through direct sales and was just going to market them all through Apogee or secondary vendors... Read on Apogee's site that I think that's what he's doing now... something about "exclusive vendor of Dr. Zooch kits" IIRC... course that's been awhile back.

I hope Wes is doing well and working on some new kits... I suggested that he come out with a BT-80 based Saturn V, along with his "improved clones" of the old BT-60 Saturn V kits that he sells. The BT-80 based Saturn V would be the same "ant scale" as the extensive collection of Saturn IB's that he sells, which would be REALLY neat. Never heard anything back from him.

I like the Dr. Zooch kits A LOT... it'd be nice if he kept coming out with more kits... they're really builder's kits, old school rocketry at its finest.

If I might ask, why do you need another nosecone?? IIRC that's probably the same nosecone that is used in the Saturn IB kits for the Apollo spacecraft... might help you to locate one through BMS...

Later! OL J R

I am building another R-7 I have all the stuff except the cone. I weighed the connector and made another one. The first one the original looks pretty shabby because I had a hard time building it just want a cleaner looking one, now that i know what i am doing. Those line up pieces messed me up. think they wee too thick.
Old 01-16-2017, 12:03 PM
BAR

Ah, ok... best of luck. OL J R