Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2017, 06:27 PM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

Default End of CAFE standard ? Possible end of CARB ?

Looks like we are going to have a GUTTED EPA.
Sounding like the CAFE (corporate average fuel economy) standard may be going completely by the wayside as well.
California is ONLY allowed to set their own vehicle emission standards and allowed to test vehicles due to a waiver from the EPA. Without that waiver, the power of CARB ( California Air Resources Board) does not exist.
I'd like to know if ANYONE foolishly thinks that waiver has a snowball's chance in hades of being renewed.
High time for ALL of this to happen and NO I'm NOT Joking.
Appears the EPA, Enviro-Whackos, Tree-Huggers, and Green-Weenies are correctly being handed a LARGE BOOT TO RIDE.
I LIIIIIIIIIIIKE IT !
If one wants to INDIVIDUALLY save their own little piece of nature, that should be their own individual purview; just don't jam it all on those of us that do NOT want that.
Enviro-Whackos claim consumers "demand green efforts" when there is actually VERY LITTLE truth to that....they just are a VERY LOUD/VOCAL minority, where the majority of citizens either don't think about it or don't give a rat's patoot.
Now if we could just get the EPA to completely eliminate the Pesticide Registration process and return to the Free-For-All we had up until about 1968.

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !
Old 03-17-2017, 07:38 PM
BAR 13790

Sorry

I remember when LA had green sunsets due to pollution.
The Hudson River in NY would periodically catch fire due to all of the pollutants.
Streams were bubble baths from all of the phosphates.

In our local town, one of the main industries used to just dump their chemicals in the ground polluting the entire water table for the miles around.

Your pollution becomes my problem. I can't just keep my little property clean when surrounded by toxic waste in the air and water
Old 03-17-2017, 09:14 PM

My response to the one word of "Sorry" is "Tough !"
Actually I don't have a problem with the EPA as long as they don't have any more power to impose an environmental policy no stricter than that followed by DuPont, Dow Chemical, Shell Petroleum, Chevron Chemical, and General Motors in 1957. NOT JOKING.

Old 03-17-2017, 11:25 PM
Lost his Drifter

The proposed budget is just that. Proposed. Budget. It doesn't include a repeal of 30-40 years worth of legislation. The Feds do enforcement, but most enforcement is done by the states, and local areas. We're not going to be facing green fogs and burning rivers from this just yet.
MTMA Section #606 President
Old 03-17-2017, 11:38 PM

It does only allow for a single standard for vehicle emissions (no more allowance of Cali pulling regs out of their butts). The waiver from the EPA allowing Cali to make up their own nonsense will be GONE. No EPA budget=ZERO ability to enforce anything. Hopefully it WILL gut the nonsense of regs from the past 50+ years.
I honestly would like to see catalytic converters removed from vehicles and the ability to run leaded fuel restored. Aircraft piston engines STILL run heavily (2.0gr/gal) leaded AV100LL fuel.
I want to be able to once again go to any hardware/garden store and get POUNDS of DDT which should have never been banned.

Old 03-18-2017, 09:31 AM
BAR 13790

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
My response to the one word of "Sorry" is "Tough !"
Actually I don't have a problem with the EPA as long as they don't have any more power to impose an environmental policy no stricter than that followed by DuPont, Dow Chemical, Shell Petroleum, Chevron Chemical, and General Motors in 1957. NOT JOKING.

Actually, it was in the 50's that this company was just dumping its chemicals into the ground polluting the water system.... It was not considered illegal then.

What is meant by No Harm = No Foul if the policies are set so companies can do harm, but it is not considered illegal? (assuming the policies are no stricter than those in the 50's)
Old 03-18-2017, 12:54 PM
Lost his Drifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
...I don't have a problem with the EPA as long as they don't have any more power to impose an environmental policy no stricter than that followed ... in 1957.

Wishing for repeal of the Clean Water Act, Clean Air Act, and other major pieces of 1970s environmental legislation is unrealistic. It's very unlikely to happen. And these are not "policies." They are law.
MTMA Section #606 President
Old 03-19-2017, 01:06 PM
Master Modeler

The laws are the governing authorities and should remain unless legally repealed and without getting too political least this thread be closed (in which case I know somewhere that the conversation would be allowed ), so the clean air act and the clean water act are not really at issue here. The current administration does not want to fight that battle.

At issue are the overbearing and restrictive regulations created by policy wonks from a certain political leaning in the EPA who wish to appease and prop up the greenies. Those rules are not enacted by the elected legislatures of our fine country and are the things which will be reviewed and eliminated.

To give this a rocketry leaning, I wonder if anyone has ever researched the pollutants in a smokey or sparky motor and what those who fly such engines would say if such motors were banned by an EPA of a progressive(?) leaning.

Starport Sagitta Rockets
email bherman@sagittarockets.com

NAR # 97971 SR

What's your idea on the best way to change Washington D.C.?
Let us know at the Cantina
Sagitta Cantina

We're looking for a few good Catos, please tell us about any you may have had. Survey of Anecdotal Malfunctioning Engines or S.A.M.E.
Old 03-19-2017, 05:22 PM

What's the OPPOSITE of 'enviro GREEN' ?
TAR BROWN ?
"Old School" Diesel Smoke-Stack "Coal Soot" Black ?

If it's ANTI-Green, THATY'LL DOO.

I have always wanted to drive down Rodeo Dr. in Beverly Hills, CA with an "Old School" dirty-combusting Diesel Truck with non-Cali plates randomly WHACKING THE GAS NEEDLESSLY spewing Coal-Black HUGE PLUMES of exhaust into the air of those weenies. They legally could do NOTHING.

Old 03-21-2017, 03:46 AM

If it was up to me I would completely collapse the DEA through defunding as well. Total waste of taxpayer $$ and totally abusive restriction on INDIVIDUAL freedom.

Would impose the same restriction on the "F" portion of BATFE.
ANY regulation of personally owned Firearms for ANY reason whatsoever IS a violation of the 2nd Amendment no matter the stated goal. The U.S. Constitution does NOT allow the gov't to regulate individual firearm ownership even by those convicted of felonies. It IS a violation of individual rights.