Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Semroc > SVDT - Semroc Virtual Design Team
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2009, 09:32 AM
Craftsman

Default New releases from SEMROC before NARAM

Just finished three kits and hoping for more before NARAM. So far, Thunderchief, Spartan, and the Marauder are ready. Carl will update the site.

Sheryl
Old 07-26-2009, 07:36 PM
Too Many Initiators is Never Enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheryl@Semroc
Just finished three kits and hoping for more before NARAM. So far, Thunderchief, Spartan, and the Marauder are ready. Carl will update the site.

Sheryl

Sheryl,

Just saw this posting.

I WAS going to order the three new kits which were ready now but I'll hold off to see what else is released before NARAM-51. That way, I only have to make one order.

Bob
Old 07-26-2009, 07:37 PM
Forest Sprite

Wow, that's a relief. It had been more than a week since a new kit had appeared on the site. I was starting to worry...

MarkII
Mark S. Kulka NAR #86134 L1,_ASTRE #471_Adirondack Mountains, NY
Opinions Unfettered by Logic • Advice Unsullied by Erudition • Rocketry Without Pity
+09281962-TAK-08272007+
SAM # 0011
Old 07-27-2009, 07:25 AM
Rocket buildin' machine

Well, after ordering something like twice weekly most of the past month, picking up stray parts I kept overlooking or goofing up, I was starting to get DT's and needed another Semroc fix. Kept checking the Saturn V page daily, hoping each day would be the big day. Never even noticed these guys showing up on the "what's new" yesterday, but will have to do until that Saturn comes out.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:42 AM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanstevens
Well, after ordering something like twice weekly most of the past month, picking up stray parts I kept overlooking or goofing up, I was starting to get DT's and needed another Semroc fix. Kept checking the Saturn V page daily, hoping each day would be the big day. Never even noticed these guys showing up on the "what's new" yesterday, but will have to do until that Saturn comes out.

I'm pretty sure the SEMROC Saturn - V will be released well before the announced Estes re-release. That seems to be the norm nowadays, isn't it? The smaller companies outdoing the bigger ones.....
Old 07-30-2009, 02:13 PM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

I would also be willing to bet that the Semroc Saturn V comes out WAAAAYYYYYY before the Estes version comes out if at all.
Semroc operates correctly: Under promise and OVER deliver.
Estes is the exact opposite: Over promise and UNDER (if at all) deliver.

Take a guess which is more effective in cultivating good business relationships with repeat customers ?
Hint: Their name does NOT start with the letter "E" !

Semroc usually releases their products either right around their "promise" dates if not earlier.
Estes is almost ALWAYS late with their releases if they release promised new product at all.

If Estes did not have an almost monopoly on small BP SU engines, I probably would buy NOTHING from them. That company is a sad JOKE compared to what Vern and Gleda envisioned and created.

I sure wish somebody would come out with a new line of 18 and 24mm SU BP engines that has more variety....

Estes has been using the lame excuse of "new lead law" as of late to explain the delay in releasing new products. That has not seemed to slow anyone else down as most of the other companies have determined that the law does not apply to primarily ADULT hobbies. Sounds like a baloney excuse by the big "e" to me.

I think at BEST we have only a 50/50 chance of seeing any of the supposed "classic series" from Estes.

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !
Old 07-30-2009, 03:04 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
I would also be willing to bet that the Semroc Saturn V comes out WAAAAYYYYYY before the Estes version comes out if at all.
Semroc operates correctly: Under promise and OVER deliver.
Estes is the exact opposite: Over promise and UNDER (if at all) deliver.

Take a guess which is more effective in cultivating good business relationships with repeat customers ?
Hint: Their name does NOT start with the letter "E" !

Semroc usually releases their products either right around their "promise" dates if not earlier.
Estes is almost ALWAYS late with their releases if they release promised new product at all.

If Estes did not have an almost monopoly on small BP SU engines, I probably would buy NOTHING from them. That company is a sad JOKE compared to what Vern and Gleda envisioned and created.

I sure wish somebody would come out with a new line of 18 and 24mm SU BP engines that has more variety....

Estes has been using the lame excuse of "new lead law" as of late to explain the delay in releasing new products. That has not seemed to slow anyone else down as most of the other companies have determined that the law does not apply to primarily ADULT hobbies. Sounds like a baloney excuse by the big "e" to me.

I think at BEST we have only a 50/50 chance of seeing any of the supposed "classic series" from Estes.

While I can agree with about 90 percent of this, I think the lead law might be a valid excuse-if only partially. They chose to play ball with Walmart found themselves marketing toys as opposed to hobby items. Their marketing plan(if you can call it that) is unlike any other in the hobby and is on a huge scale compared to everyone else in the industry. This stuff probably makes them a bigger target compared to everyone else. Granted, I think they may have responded with a knee jerk. We already knew Estes wasn't the most efficient company on the planet before any of this started....why start belly aching now? Long as Semroc keeps cranking out parts and kits...I'm not sweatin' the oldies!
Old 08-05-2009, 10:15 PM
Junior ??? Rocketeer

Default The rest of the 7 new kits

I am in the process of adding the other four new kits online.

They are the Deci Scale IQSY Tomahawk and Iris, the ThunderStrike, and the Swift Boost Glider.

We are finally finished with the kits and have mostly everything packed. Whew!!

Thanks to Craig for helping with the Deci-Scale. There are still about 8 more to go.
NAR#4717 L2
semroc.com
Old 08-05-2009, 10:28 PM
Rocket Scientist

I think the site may be down:
http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/semroc.com

EDIT- Ah, "In the process of adding" might explain it... I'll keep refreshing

EDIT 2 - Yep, up again.
NAR#77967
http://www.Semroc.com

Last edited by Pyro Pro : 08-05-2009 at 11:50 PM.