Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > WOOSH - Wisconsin Organization of Spacemodeling Hobbyists > WOOSH News
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2013, 11:01 PM
Junior Rocketeer

Wow. Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I really appreciate all the great replies.

Chadrog - I'm actually originally from Sheboygan. Been in Random for about 6 months now. I think that place is still rockin. I'll definitely make it out to some of the other launches. I have about 4 low power kits im working on that I wanna blast soon. Look forward to meeting you as well.

Rex - January isn't my goal. Just hopefully by spring. Yeah, I've seen those pro series 2 kits. I was considering them as a good starting point. Thanks for the advice.

Everyone else, like I said in my original post, I'm a total newbie. If anyone has any general tips or tricks that you feel would be beneficial, I'm all ears. Thanks again for the warm welcome and I can't wait to get out there and meet y'all
Old 09-17-2013, 01:35 AM
Craftsman

just pointing out, that we usually start the high power season in January...if you're serious about joining WOOSH, memberships run from January to January the following year.
while some folks have used the pro series birds to cert...part of the cert process is the post flight inspection, an H will usually put one of those birds up around 2500'...finding it again at Bong can be a challenge. I would suggest something in the 3-4" diameter range to keep the rocket in sight.
tips:
for balsa fins, you will likely find this helpful: http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=10475
Rex
oh, and Semroc is usually the answer
Old 09-17-2013, 03:09 PM
Junior Rocketeer

Aaaaah. I see. Thanks for all the great tips. I will definitely check out the balsa tips. And actually I checked out the semroc website last night. Some pretty cool stuff.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:33 AM
WOOSH NAR558 President

Default Welcome

Hi Andy,

Wow somebody from my neck of the woods, I hope to see you at the meeting.

Mark
Old 09-18-2013, 10:23 AM
L2 achieved

Andy,
Welcome aboard. I don't think we got a chance to meet at Bong. My wife's family is located throughout West Bend, Adell, Plymouth, and Random Lake. Up there quite a bit.

As the fields get plowed, I have an area by the in laws off of county H and 144 that I can use. Nice for Midpower and great for LPR.

Hope to meet you at a club launch or meeting.

The Woosh folk are good people. They have taught me a lot. My biggest advice right now is to take the time to decide what you all want out of your L1 rocket. Sounds like your doing a lot of reading and learning already. Lots of choices, lots of great kits. Lots of great manufactures out there.

Don't hesitate to use the Forums here and TRF are both great resources as well.

Watch out for the Wildman trailer at Bong launches, it has some sort of vortex powers that seem to suck you in and drain your wallet. Once again welcome.
Woosh NAR #558
Old 09-18-2013, 03:24 PM
Junior Rocketeer

You too Mark. Where ya from?

Russ - yeah I know right where that is. About a 10 minute drive from me. Sometimes I go to adell. There is a big field there but you gotta be careful. It's surrounded by tall thick woods. Im also about 30 minutes from Sheboygan so I can hit up field of dreams. Assuming there are no games scheduled.