Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > WOOSH - Wisconsin Organization of Spacemodeling Hobbyists > WOOSH News
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2015, 10:56 PM
Intermediate Rocketeer

Default New flight video from September Bong Launch

Got to fly the Sky Needle again at Bong. This time we took out the AV bay and used a single parachute with motor eject. The reduced weight resulted in a nice flight to 1500 feet and the lack of wind kept the drift to a minimum.

Here's a link to the Video

Matt
Old 10-06-2015, 11:58 PM
Craftsman

nice birds and great flights! couldn't help but notice the bystander in the background of your mega max flights...
Rex
Old 10-07-2015, 07:39 PM
Intermediate Rocketeer

Default Key to good photographs is the background

Thanks Rex!

We were hoping you would notice that we caught you in the background of of our MDRM launch.

Hopefully you're not going to charge us a fee for using your likeness on YouTube 😜😜

Nate and I are going down to the Midwest Power launch to get a first flight in with our Madcow Tomach. We'll use the I-357T-M motor. We ground tested the ejection charges last weekend. I posted some videos of our ejection charge tests on our YouTube channel (MHinMadison). We learned that 2 grams of FFFFg BP puts the nose cone on your neighbors yard and wakes up all the dogs. 1.4 grams turned out to be just right.

Matt
Old 10-07-2015, 07:59 PM
Craftsman

should help disprove the rumors that I'm a vampire and that folks need to pay attention to what is going on around them. granted it might not have been the best viewing angle, it still looked good. so what did you think of my pvc pad? fair skies and light winds at MWP
Rex