Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Vendors
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2017, 04:15 AM
Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ez2cDave
Carl at one of our rocket club meetings in 2011, two years before his passing, in 2013 . . . He was a good friend and is deeply missed !

Dave Fitch

Dave, I can't thank you enough for sending me a copy of that photo. I have it on my "wall of family" and it is my most favorite photo of him. When he had his finger to his lips as he does in that photo, I knew his mind was very active. Reminds me of the statue of "The Thinker".

Thank you again,
Sheryl
Old 06-01-2017, 07:01 AM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheryl@Semroc
He was very involved with scouts before he got back into rocketry. He was Scoutmaster for 30+ years with over 30 scouts earning their Eagle badge. He and Bruce were very involved with the OA, both being leaders. He would tell everyone that he always hoped it would either rain or snow during campouts, that's when the boys learned valuable lessons. In 2008, after his 3rd heart attack, his doctor told him he could go camping only if a hospital was within 15 miles of the campsite. He was devastated. He stayed as Scoutmaster but didn't go on many campouts after that.

Sheryl

I was Scoutmaster of our local troop for almost 18 years. Mentored 24 Eagles, including my 4 sons. Camping was the really fun part. Winter, summer, spring, fall, it was all good. Doing Space Ex MB kept me into the rockets at the same time....