Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Scale & Sport Scale Rocketry
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-24-2017, 04:06 PM
Intermediate Rocketeer

Default Booklet: The First Seven Centuries of Rocketry

I've been back into working on scale drawings for the past 3 years or so. I hope to eventually produce a new edition of "Rockets of the World," but as NARAM was approaching this year, I thought it would be cool to take what I hope will be the first part of the new edition, and turn it into something I could sell at NARAM. So I've just finished a stack of copies of "The First Seven Centuries of Rocketry," a 42-page booklet covering everything from ancient Chinese rockets (the oldest illustration of a rocket was published China in 1350, and included a few dimensions in the text) to the air-launched Le Prieur rockets of WW I. The booklet covers 18 different rockets, almost all of which are unfamiliar subjects. The measurements come from surprisingly detailed old books, as well as museum artifacts.

I'll be selling them at NARAM, and I'll try to sell any remaining copies to vendors who are there. I'm not interested in going back into the mail-order business.

I haven't set the price yet--it's thicker than the 32-page supplements I sold more than a decade ago, so I'm thinking of charging a bit more. No more than an even $20.