Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Projects
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2007, 08:29 PM
Master Modeler

Send a message via Yahoo to barone

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterRocket
I have them cleaned up (no blue background - just white. Also removed the little "TM" from next to the names) and arranged to fit on testors decal paper if anyone wants the file

Sure....I'll take it. Got one still in the box so I guess I'll work on the clone....
Old 08-17-2007, 08:41 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
I have them cleaned up (no blue background - just white. Also removed the little "TM" from next to the names) and arranged to fit on testors decal paper if anyone wants the file

I'll take the file and thanks for offering. I may clone rather than build the kit so the decals will come in very handy.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:12 PM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Send a copy of the decal file to me and I'll get it posted (sometime, heh) to the BARCLONE site in the custom decal section.
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 08-18-2007, 08:58 AM
Master Modeler

That would be cool Scott! There is a Torpedo on Ebay right now, but it is bid out of my price range Oh well, I have all but the nose cone right now in order to clone it..which I will order shortly from Semroc..
SAM #0396
BAR 02/07
NAR 86940
KF4GUL
Aim high, fly straight!
Old 08-18-2007, 09:10 AM
Intermediate Rocketeer

Send a message via AIM to MonsterRocket

I hosted the file right here - Laser Torpedo decal
Just grab it.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:12 AM
Master Modeler

Thanks!
Old 08-18-2007, 12:09 PM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Quote:
I hosted the file right here - Laser Torpedo decal
Just grab it.

Thanks. Send an email to me at scotth at execpc dot com or PM me with your full real name so I can give you credit for the file.
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 08-10-2011, 07:36 PM
Master Modeler

The original Viper kits had stick on decals. All of our clones bear slide on decals produced for us by Tom at Tango Papa.

Centuri also has some kits with stick on decals, their version of the Columbia Shuttle was mostly cardboard and paper with stick on decals.

Randy
www.vernarockets.com
Old 08-11-2011, 05:26 PM
Where'd it go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
Lets just say I was having as much fun as is humanly possible outside of a vintage hobby shop or between the sheets. I lowsided the bike and the irresistible force (me) found an immovable object (concrete retaining wall).

As for the crumbling decals, Micro Sol decal film will fix the problem. I used it on my 70's vintage Astron Interceptor decals a few weeks ago. Good stuff!

That should be Micro Scale Liquid Decal Film. Micro Sol is a totally different item.

Micro Scale makes the aforementioned Micro Sol. They also make Micro Set.

Micro Set and Micro Sol are generally used in 2 seperate stages:

Micro Set is a positioning/wetting and mildly softening agent and smells strongly of acetic
acid (vinegar) and the bottle's printing is blue. Use it by applying with a brush to the model
and then apply the decal over it. It allows you to move the decal into position, get
it into alignment, etc. Before drying you can press bubbles, etc out with a soft tissue.

Micro Sol is used to get the decal, after it's applied, to snuggle into recessd and over raised detail and smells like alcohol.
It's bottle's printing is red. Use it 2nd. if necessary.
After application of Micro Sol many decals will look shriveled, wrinkled, and bubbled, etc. Do not touch the decal!
The next day, it will look much better. If necessary, re-apply. I've seen so many plastic model builds that you'd swear that the decals were paint!

Bob
p.s. be sure to apply decals over a glossy surface! Flat paint basically has very tiny hills and valleys and will not allow the decal to snuggle down.
That's why decals applied otherwise have that "silvered" look.

NAR# 54643 L-1

SAM# 043

AMA# 157091

VRCS# 154

A&P# 42x xx xxxx.
Old 08-14-2011, 06:16 PM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blushingmule
That should be Micro Scale Liquid Decal Film. Micro Sol is a totally different item.

Micro Scale makes the aforementioned Micro Sol. They also make Micro Set.

Micro Set and Micro Sol are generally used in 2 seperate stages:

Micro Set is a positioning/wetting and mildly softening agent and smells strongly of acetic
acid (vinegar) and the bottle's printing is blue. Use it by applying with a brush to the model
and then apply the decal over it. It allows you to move the decal into position, get
it into alignment, etc. Before drying you can press bubbles, etc out with a soft tissue.

Micro Sol is used to get the decal, after it's applied, to snuggle into recessd and over raised detail and smells like alcohol.
It's bottle's printing is red. Use it 2nd. if necessary.
After application of Micro Sol many decals will look shriveled, wrinkled, and bubbled, etc. Do not touch the decal!
The next day, it will look much better. If necessary, re-apply. I've seen so many plastic model builds that you'd swear that the decals were paint!

You must really be bored and possibly a disciple of Shredvector to pull out a four year old post just to correct me. Yes, I had a brain fart. I knew exactly what the stuff was when I posted, and I have all of decal solutions that Microscale produces.

BTW, since we are playing English teacher, Microscale is one word. Micro-Sol and Micro-Set are hyphenated. Micro Liquid Decal Film is the stuff I was referring to.