Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Vendors
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2005, 11:04 PM
New Guy

Thumbs up Thrustline Aerospace!

For those of you that are not familier with it, I have a webstore with original Thrustline kits and more parts for cloning and building than you can stuff in a shopping cart!
Here are just some of the items:

Cones
Transitions
Tubes
Lugs and Buttons
Mounts
Rings (single or cluster)
hardware
parachutes (rip-stop and Mylar)
Kevlar
Re-production Parts packs
Thrustline original kits

...and a whole lot more!

Thanks Thrustline Aerospace

Thrustline Aerospace Website
Old 03-28-2005, 11:59 PM
Incurable SEMROC Fan

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrustline 1
For those of you that are not familier with it, I have a webstore with original Thrustline kits and more parts for cloning and building than you can stuff in a shopping cart!
Dear John,
(pretending to be mystified) So instead of a cart, I'm going to need... an empty 18 wheel semi truck? Or something *bigger?* (chuckling)

Unfortunately for me, there are almost *too many* small rocket companies like yours, and not enough discretionary cash in my budget! Good job on the "revamp" of your website!

Cheers,

--Jay Goemmer
"Centuri Guy"
Old 03-29-2005, 08:41 AM
Rocket Huckster

Thumbs up Vendor Endorsement

Johns clones and his original designs are top notch, I have built several for my own fleet. He makes a good product.

One of my sons favorite rockets
Thrustlines Pumkinhead
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  Pumpkinhead3.JPG
Views: 272
Size:  65.2 KB  
Low Prices, Fast Delivery. The Webs #1 Rocket Shop

YORF the rocketry forum where vendors can actually post in the vendors section.

TRF Banned and proud

Uncle Mikes Rocket Shack

Any Questions/Comments Click To Email Us
Old 03-31-2005, 12:43 PM
Craftsman

Just finished one of John's Cherokee-D clones. Came packaged great with good materials and with those Excelsior decals, looks so darn good I kind of hate to launch it. But, guess it's not really a rocket until it flies, so I'll put her up at least a couple of times. Thanks to John at Thrustline.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:54 PM
Rocket Huckster

Quote:
Originally Posted by six-o-one
Just finished one of John's Cherokee-D clones. Came packaged great with good materials and with those Excelsior decals, looks so darn good I kind of hate to launch it. But, guess it's not really a rocket until it flies, so I'll put her up at least a couple of times. Thanks to John at Thrustline.

LOL your right you have to put it up at least once.
Low Prices, Fast Delivery. The Webs #1 Rocket Shop

YORF the rocketry forum where vendors can actually post in the vendors section.

TRF Banned and proud

Uncle Mikes Rocket Shack

Any Questions/Comments Click To Email Us
Old 03-31-2005, 03:01 PM
Craftsman

Yeah, hate to say it, but I am kinda that way. I love my Quest Navaho AGM two-stager too. Sent it up single for a test, then B6-0/B6-4 and it went completely out of sight. Ended up coming down just 100 yards away, but I'm a little nervous about the C6-0/C6-7 combo. May have to build another one so I have one to admire and one to launch. Gee, I really need to get over that. Its not like I am building expensive rockets or something.
Old 04-01-2005, 01:51 AM
Incurable SEMROC Fan

Quote:
one to admire and one to launch.
Sounds like a *great* motto to me!

Cheers,

--Jay Goemmer
"Centuri Guy"
Old 04-01-2005, 06:43 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Yeah, hate to say it, but I am kinda that way. I love my Quest Navaho AGM two-stager too. Sent it up single for a test, then B6-0/B6-4 and it went completely out of sight. Ended up coming down just 100 yards away, but I'm a little nervous about the C6-0/C6-7 combo. May have to build another one so I have one to admire and one to launch. Gee, I really need to get over that. Its not like I am building expensive rockets or something.

When I returned to the hobby I had 17 rockets from the 60's / early 70's all ready to fly and half a dozen more that just needed paint. I get real nervous launching these with powerful motors so I tend to fly these with A8's and B4's.

But something brand new that I just built, I'll put the biggest motor that will fit and just "let 'er rip".
Old 04-01-2005, 07:14 PM
Craftsman

Bob H.,
That's a great approach. Load 'em and launch 'em. I never built that many as a kid. Built the Cherokee-D as my first rocket (hey, jump in big, huh) after my dad built one and launched it when it was too windy with the launch rod at too much of an angle and we watched it go horizontal into a bean field. What really nags me is that simply cannot remember whatever happened to my Cherokee. I know it flew well, but can't recall it's demise (or just disappearance from my possessions). My second rocket was the Vigilante, and it flew great. Just love the 2-stagers. After several good flights, it drifted away and landed in a cotton field and was found days later after a rain--toast. Built a Photon Disruptor, eh, not my thing. Aside from those, I helped my dad build the big Estes V-2 and the big Saturn V. He was a great modeler and they both looked and flew great. I think he still has the V-2, but the Saturn V met its demise during a wrestling around session at home.
Old 04-04-2005, 04:44 PM
BAR Wannabee

Send a message via MSN to JRThro Send a message via Yahoo to JRThro

Quote:

One to build and fly, and one to keep in the bag, is a path that I think I'm beginning to go down... right now I've got two SpaceShipOne kits, and I only plan to build one... and I may buy another one. I also have spare Quest Icaruses and Quest Tomahawk SLCMs.