Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > BARCLONE > Announcements
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2023, 10:14 AM
Mr. Cut-by-hand

Default Announcement: OpenRocket 23.09 is now available for download

The OpenRocket team is pleased to announce the release of version 23.09.

Download: https://openrocket.info/downloads.html?vers=23.09
Full release notes: https://openrocket.info/release_notes.html
OpenRocket Discord: https://discord.gg/qD2G5v2FAw

We're also introducing a new Tutorials page on the website: https://openrocket.info/tutorials/. We'd love some feedback on these, along with suggestions for topics. Come talk to us on Discord, or join this new mailing list: https://sourceforge.net/p/openrocke...rocket-website/.

One additional note: If you?re having trouble with 3D views with the new version, try toggling the ?Use off-screen rendering? setting in the ?Graphics? tab of preferences.

Major new features of the 23.09 release include:
- 3D Printing Support: Export any select component(s) to OBJ file (File -> Export as -> Wavefront OBJ or the contextual menu)
- RASAero compatibility: Import / Export CDX1 files (File -> Import -> RASAero II and File -> Export as -> RASAero II)
- Dark Mode (normal and high-contrast) and custom UI font size support: See "General" tab in Preferences
- Export sim results table to CSV: select sims and then File -> Export simulation table as CSV File or use the contextual menu.

Major bug fixes:
- Fixed tube fin drag (most noticeable when using less than a full set of six tube fins)
- Fixed base drag when using Cd override (important when implementing Base Drag CP Correction)
- Fixed atmospheric pressure when using ISA conditions
- Properly sanitize XML in ORK file (eliminates corrupt ORK files that won't load)

And much, much more. Many thanks once again to our developers, testers, and users, and financial supporters. Happy simming!
Old 11-16-2023, 09:57 PM
Junior Rocketeer

When I install this it comes up as 15.03
Old 11-16-2023, 10:42 PM
Master Modeler

It came up 23.09 when I downloaded it from the link Neil posted (in my case Apple silicon version).

I love the new dark mode!
AMA 42160
KG7AIE
Old 11-17-2023, 06:59 AM
Mr. Cut-by-hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcurtis55
When I install this it comes up as 15.03

What OS? Did you download the 23.09 installer from the link given? When installing, did the installer say it was the 23.09 installer (says so in the title bar)? Did you elect to update the existing installation or install in a new directory?

Some details would be helpful.
Old 11-17-2023, 08:04 AM
Junior Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil_w
What OS? Did you download the 23.09 installer from the link given? When installing, did the installer say it was the 23.09 installer (says so in the title bar)? Did you elect to update the existing installation or install in a new directory?

Some details would be helpful.

Okay, the link from the start menu brought up 23.09. The shortcut on the desktop brought up 15.03. Weird. But at least I can get to 23.09.
Old 11-17-2023, 01:32 PM
Apollo Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEC
It came up 23.09 when I downloaded it from the link Neil posted (in my case Apple silicon version).

I love the new dark mode!

I'm glad you mentioned an Apple Silicon version...for some reason I was under the impression that OpenRocket was PC OS only and therefore I have never really looked into it all. Been a Mac guy since '87, so I can now download it and look it over some.

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970
Old 11-17-2023, 03:56 PM
Mr. Cut-by-hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl
I'm glad you mentioned an Apple Silicon version...for some reason I was under the impression that OpenRocket was PC OS only and therefore I have never really looked into it all. Been a Mac guy since '87, so I can now download it and look it over some.

I think you'll find the Apple Silicon version (first introduced with OR22.02) is much smoother and faster than the Intel version, at least on Apple Silicon machines. I'm on an M1 iMac myself and it's really a big improvement.
Old 11-17-2023, 03:56 PM
Mr. Cut-by-hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcurtis55
Okay, the link from the start menu brought up 23.09. The shortcut on the desktop brought up 15.03. Weird. But at least I can get to 23.09.

Glad you got it working.