Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Swap Shoppe > Wanted: Dead or Alive!
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2012, 06:10 AM
MMXCVII

Quote:
Originally Posted by billspad
I do. If you can wait a week or so I can dig it out and measure the parts.

Just so you know, I haven't forgotten about this. Putting the parts on the scanner isn't practical since half of them are too long so I measured everything and took pictures of the tower. I've just got to put the dimensions on the pictures.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:01 AM
Paper Rocketeer

Man, looking at those plans, you could almost build most of it out of an old style Erector set! (Probably not the newer stuff since they have all the funky "Lego-esk" parts and very few girders and beams! )
Old 02-03-2012, 05:30 PM
MMXCVII

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpoehlein
Man, looking at those plans, you could almost build most of it out of an old style Erector set! (Probably not the newer stuff since they have all the funky "Lego-esk" parts and very few girders and beams! )

My Erector set was my favorite toy. They weren't available when my son was old enough to play with them but you can be sure my grandson is going to have one when he's old enough even though they don't appear to be like the original ones.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:13 PM
Paper Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by billspad
My Erector set was my favorite toy. They weren't available when my son was old enough to play with them but you can be sure my grandson is going to have one when he's old enough even though they don't appear to be like the original ones.

Did you build the robot with the motor drive?
Old 02-03-2012, 10:04 PM
MMXCVII

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpoehlein
Did you build the robot with the motor drive?

You had to have the huge set to have enough parts to build the robot. The set I had did have a motor. The motor ended up as part of a static test stand.
Old 01-17-2014, 11:43 PM
Intermediate Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedster
I'm looking for the rod for a friend. He writes, "You can verify this by looking at Estes catalog #641 on the bottom of page 53. There is a drawing of the two piece rod and below it the "add on rod" to make your rod from 36 inches to 54 inches long. You can see the 1/8 inch rod is drilled to 3/32 inch on the end to fit the 3/32 inch rod."

As for 2, it probably was a MMI product but when I wrote Estes back in 1968 about launch systems they send me, among other info, the obsolete instructions I have scanned and included with this post. This tower has "personality!" I have always wanted one.

I found this thread through a reply to my recent (Jan. 2014) about the MMI tower. These instructions are just what I was looking for! Is this a fantastic group, or WHAT?

I have one of these towers, but it was already assembled when I got it. It was a "floor sample" from a hobby shop that was going out of business. I have always wondered what the instructions were like...

I am thrilled to see these, but I would like to make one more request about them. Is there any way you could post larger scans of them? My eyes are way more than half a century old, and can't make out small print very well. If I enlarge them with the computer, the letters get fuzzy and are still hard to read.

In any case, it is great to get to see these. Thank you so much for posting them!

The Fireman

formerly NAR 2217,

Peak City Section, *2
Old 09-23-2016, 04:29 PM
Red River Rocketry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireman
I found this thread through a reply to my recent (Jan. 2014) about the MMI tower. These instructions are just what I was looking for! Is this a fantastic group, or WHAT?

I have one of these towers, but it was already assembled when I got it. It was a "floor sample" from a hobby shop that was going out of business. I have always wondered what the instructions were like...

I am thrilled to see these, but I would like to make one more request about them. Is there any way you could post larger scans of them? My eyes are way more than half a century old, and can't make out small print very well. If I enlarge them with the computer, the letters get fuzzy and are still hard to read.

In any case, it is great to get to see these. Thank you so much for posting them!

The Fireman

formerly NAR 2217,

Peak City Section, *2

I'm looking for the parts measurements...

I was able to find that the tower is 42" tall, but don't have the sizes of any of the parts... Can ya help me out?

John
Old 09-23-2016, 06:13 PM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Ack. Bill never did get the dimension/picture info for the tower posted before he passed away. I wonder where his MMI Tower Launcher is now?
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 09-23-2016, 08:41 PM
Red River Rocketry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout
Ack. Bill never did get the dimension/picture info for the tower posted before he passed away. I wonder where his MMI Tower Launcher is now?

Well snot...

I actually had forgotten Bill had passed.

I wonder if anyone else had a tower they can measure?