Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > Forum Information, Rules, Etc
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2014, 11:42 AM
Master: Dark Art of Model Rocketry

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtschachner
Why don't you upgrade it? Surely by now you have made enough profit from this site to afford a measly upgrade fee.

Think how happy that would make us.

You do it.

Master of the Dark Art of Model Rocketry

www.shrox.com
Old 01-21-2014, 03:32 PM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Irvine
Upgrading is far more complicated than you think. It is a simple case of if it ain't broke don't fix it. I am with the admin on this one.

Look how much stuff has been lost to the ash heap over upgrades of the several other rocket sites over the years. In each case I offered to host a archive mirror before the upgrade and I was declined or ignored, or in some cases harassed. However, after all these years, there it would be sitting. Searchable and stable. The offer stands if any dead backups exist.

ABSOLUTELY!!!

I get SO sick and tired of constant "upgrades" and yet NOTHING WORKS WORTH A TINKER'S D@MN!!! At least YORF is stable and works well. All the fancy-shmancy bells-n-whistles just muck up the works... they're tinkering around behind the curtain at TRF and it's some darn thing or other just about every day that's giving SOMEBODY trouble...

As to "haven't you made enough money off this site to upgrade"... Gee, what planet is THIS guy on?? How much is he paying to view or post on the site again?? Last time I checked "ZERO!"... I doubt the banner ads even pay for the space on the server or whatever...

SO WHAT if you have to click on a friggin' link to see a video on YouTube or something rather than having it embedded here... is that SO MUCH work that some folks can't handle it?? Move the mouse pointer over the link and click it, and have another tab or window pop open to show you what you wanted to see anyway??

Geez, I just don't get it...

Later! OL JR
Old 01-21-2014, 03:37 PM
Seagulls Beware...

I didn't mean for this to get quite so sensitive.

I got my answer, I understand the reasoning behind it. I'm Cool!

Thanks for all the replies.

Peace!
Jim

Dreaming of making the rockets I dreamed of as a kid (and then some).

"The Guide says there is an art to flying", said Ford, "or rather a knack."
"The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

Launching is Optional... Landing? That Depends on Trees.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:20 PM
Master Modeler

LMAO. Scott and I are good friends, we have been since way before this board came into existence. I was just yanking his chain, as he would expect me to.

Wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke strawwalker
ABSOLUTELY!!!

I get SO sick and tired of constant "upgrades" and yet NOTHING WORKS WORTH A TINKER'S D@MN!!! At least YORF is stable and works well. All the fancy-shmancy bells-n-whistles just muck up the works... they're tinkering around behind the curtain at TRF and it's some darn thing or other just about every day that's giving SOMEBODY trouble...

As to "haven't you made enough money off this site to upgrade"... Gee, what planet is THIS guy on?? How much is he paying to view or post on the site again?? Last time I checked "ZERO!"... I doubt the banner ads even pay for the space on the server or whatever...

SO WHAT if you have to click on a friggin' link to see a video on YouTube or something rather than having it embedded here... is that SO MUCH work that some folks can't handle it?? Move the mouse pointer over the link and click it, and have another tab or window pop open to show you what you wanted to see anyway??

Geez, I just don't get it...

Later! OL JR