Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Swap Shoppe > Wanted: Dead or Alive!
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2019, 05:37 PM
Old BAR

Default Cox Sat1B engine retainer and MPC Standard Arm engine mount wanted

Hi folks,
I'm in need of the engine retaining ring for a Cox Sat 1B. I know I could rig something, but would love to have the proper piece. A great item to 3D print perhaps.

Also need an engine mount plate for an MPC Standard Arm. There are 3 offered that should have been in the kit: a standard plate (presumably for 18mm engines, a D engine mount plate, and an FX engine mounting plate.
Again, maybe a candidate for 3D printing?
I'd gladly take any of the 3 plates here if anyone had a spare. Of course, I'll pay cost and shipping.

Thanks in advance!

Allen
Old 04-28-2019, 11:57 PM
Lifelong Rocket Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag
Hi folks,
I'm in need of the engine retaining ring for a Cox Sat 1B. I know I could rig something, but would love to have the proper piece. A great item to 3D print perhaps.

Also need an engine mount plate for an MPC Standard Arm. There are 3 offered that should have been in the kit: a standard plate (presumably for 18mm engines, a D engine mount plate, and an FX engine mounting plate.
I'd gladly take any of the 3 plates here if anyone had a spare. Of course, I'll pay cost and shipping.

Thanks in advance!

Allen

Can’t do much for you on the Cox but I have a spare FX plates for the MPC.
Old 04-29-2019, 09:09 AM
Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag
Hi folks,

Thanks in advance!

Allen

Allen,

I would need a dimensional drawing or an actual part to measure before I can make a 3D printed clone or copy. The problem with most plastic models is that this information is not included or lacking in the instructions for these model rockets posted on the various internet sites. I don't have either of the models in my collection, so I don't have a source for measurements to use for a 3D print of the parts you want.
Bruce S. Levison, NAR #69055
Old 04-29-2019, 01:17 PM
Old BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftover
Can’t do much for you on the Cox but I have a spare FX plates for the MPC.

I will be happy to purchase it from you and pay shipping if that's a plan that works for you, Leftover.
PM me please!

Allen
Old 04-29-2019, 01:19 PM
Old BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by teflonrocketry1
Allen,

I would need a dimensional drawing or an actual part to measure before I can make a 3D printed clone or copy. The problem with most plastic models is that this information is not included or lacking in the instructions for these model rockets posted on the various internet sites. I don't have either of the models in my collection, so I don't have a source for measurements to use for a 3D print of the parts you want.

If I somehow I acquire one or both (1 engine or 2 engine retainers), I'll get in touch! Thanks for the offer!
Maybe someone here has one that could be borrowed?
Allen
Old 04-29-2019, 06:37 PM
Semi-Pro Rocketeer TRA 10484 L2

3D print one