Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Vendors
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2009, 08:36 PM
Old Far...er...Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
To bring it full circle, I take it that nobody flies with or knows Dan of "More Rockets".
It's interesting that a vendor with a product mix like this could/would come on the scene with such anonymity If I was selling something like this, I'd'a been plugging it big time on the various forums...

Doug

YORF member #11
Old 10-22-2009, 09:38 AM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

Now THAT'S a VIPER picture even though the tubes are round !
Funny thing is, NO activities I have ever been involved with that include rocketry EVER has anyone that looks like that around !

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !
Old 10-22-2009, 12:55 PM
Certified Rocket Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
Now THAT'S a VIPER picture even though the tubes are round !
Funny thing is, NO activities I have ever been involved with that include rocketry EVER has anyone that looks like that around !

No kidding.
Old 10-22-2009, 04:11 PM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Sams
It's interesting that a vendor with a product mix like this could/would come on the scene with such anonymity If I was selling something like this, I'd'a been plugging it big time on the various forums...

Doug

That's one reason I posted the question. I've been seeing his stuff on eBay for a pretty good while.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:16 PM
Master Modeler

Sirus Rocket group sells a Viper nose that is an exact copy of the Estes original.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:58 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by scigs30
Sirus Rocket group sells a Viper nose that is an exact copy of the Estes original.

Yes that's the Moldin' Oldies PNC-50SV for $9.95.

Oh by the way, I'm not here just for the "olde" rocket discussions.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:03 PM
Dazed and Confused

Dan of MoreRockets does have a presence in rocket forum land after all. He is TRF member dappa1012.

Considering the clones he's selling, seems like he would have offered his goods here like he did at TRF.

Old 03-31-2016, 10:40 AM
Old BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
Just wondering....

Who is "More Rockets"?

I've been seeing clones on eBay, packaged with the header card of "More Rockets" and vendor name of "morerockets". The address is listed as Sanbornville, New Hampshire. Whoever it is has 100% feedback and is offering kits like the Estes BSG Viper and Flash Gordon Dragon Ship 7.

Looks like their website is gone...
Old 03-31-2016, 09:04 PM
Sci-fi Heroine

Funny how old threads have a way of coming back around.

I exchanged several emails with the man that started InFlight back around 2009 and offered to help him produce a complete BSG Viper but he already had 99% of the clone. He needed the missing piece... the nc. Later, he decided to go a different route and sold them primarily on Ebay for a year, maybe two.

Well before that, Randy and I were fans of Mike's Moldin Oldies and after an exchange with Mike and his wife I sent him the original Viper cone he used to create his first clone. That's how Red Squadron came to be. Most people wanted only 1 cone but being business people we knew Mike needed to sell enough to make it worth his while to do them. As it turned out a batch was 11-12 so I told him we'd buy 10 and sell them to club members or other flyers and so we did. He would be left with a good useable mold and a way to make more. I originally built 4.

Not too long after, Mike decided to step away from making the Oldies parts and worked out a deal with David at Sirius for him to continue with the MO line of parts, and that is how the BSG Viper cone clone became part of the Sirius line up. Since David began making the Viper cones we've bought 5 more bringing our Viper count to 10. I have been waiting for 5 years to do a mass launch but need a club system to do it unless Randy stops procrastinating about building a set of pads just for Red Squadron. Since he began writing, he hardly has time to fly what's already built or make it to a club launch.

Back to the topic, I think the last guy to sell the More Rockets Viper faded away 3-4 years ago.

Verna
www.vernarockets.com
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HHJHOK6
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00O14ET8K
Old 03-31-2016, 10:03 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Babe
Funny how old threads have a way of coming back around.

I exchanged several emails with the man that started InFlight back around 2009 and offered to help him produce a complete BSG Viper but he already had 99% of the clone. He needed the missing piece... the nc. Later, he decided to go a different route and sold them primarily on Ebay for a year, maybe two.

Well before that, Randy and I were fans of Mike's Moldin Oldies and after an exchange with Mike and his wife I sent him the original Viper cone he used to create his first clone. That's how Red Squadron came to be. Most people wanted only 1 cone but being business people we knew Mike needed to sell enough to make it worth his while to do them. As it turned out a batch was 11-12 so I told him we'd buy 10 and sell them to club members or other flyers and so we did. He would be left with a good useable mold and a way to make more. I originally built 4.

Not too long after, Mike decided to step away from making the Oldies parts and worked out a deal with David at Sirius for him to continue with the MO line of parts, and that is how the BSG Viper cone clone became part of the Sirius line up. Since David began making the Viper cones we've bought 5 more bringing our Viper count to 10. I have been waiting for 5 years to do a mass launch but need a club system to do it unless Randy stops procrastinating about building a set of pads just for Red Squadron. Since he began writing, he hardly has time to fly what's already built or make it to a club launch.

Back to the topic, I think the last guy to sell the More Rockets Viper faded away 3-4 years ago.

Verna
www.vernarockets.com
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HHJHOK6
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00O14ET8K

I miss InFlight. I think I built four of his kits before he left the hobby. I have yet to fly the Mach 10, but that day is coming. I have the More Rockets Viper, but I bought it early before he started "borrowing" his imagery from others.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Gee'Hod, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Snake Jumper