Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Vendors
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2016, 01:05 PM
Craftsman

I pinged John Boren and he said they don't sell parts direct to oem's, and they don't appear to offer the interceptor cone anway, if I bought the two tubes, coupler and a standard 2" cone and a 24mm motor tube/hook direct from their site it would run right at the cost of the closeout Cosmic kit price and it would just be a standard cone.

Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkefj
I'll ping them but I doubt that even if they could sell them separately, they could beat $17 for the cone, two tubes, a coupler and motor mount. I'm assuming they aren't making more of the cosmic kits, just trying to sell what they have, but ill check anyway.
Old 05-20-2016, 01:17 PM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
I pinged John Boren and he said they don't sell parts direct to oem's,

It's been that way for years. I doubt if they even sold parts to companies they sold motors to in the old days.
Old 05-25-2016, 01:18 PM
Craftsman

I have become an official aerotech dealer and I will attempt to stock both the 24mm reload casings and E-6 reloads. I also have a drop ship option via another dealer that should hopefully mean a consistent source of these great motors for rc rocket gliders. Stay tuned for more information.
Old 05-25-2016, 06:57 PM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
I have become an official aerotech dealer and I will attempt to stock both the 24mm reload casings and E-6 reloads. I also have a drop ship option via another dealer that should hopefully mean a consistent source of these great motors for rc rocket gliders. Stay tuned for more information.

You're just dying to make me drag out my old R/C gear, aren't you?
Old 05-26-2016, 12:25 AM
Craftsman

Guilty I just want you all to have as much fun as I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
You're just dying to make me drag out my old R/C gear, aren't you?
Old 06-09-2016, 10:20 AM
Craftsman

SST kit is now available on the site.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  cf28cb37acff09cf20919d35e20c54b9.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  94.4 KB  
Old 06-18-2016, 11:04 AM
Craftsman

Got a bit of bad news today. The sole supplier in the US for depron foam has informed us that the manufacturer in Europe has changed the process of manufacturing depron which leaves it slightly softer and curved. They are running at 100% capacity in making this stuff for flooring insulation and don't care about the hobby market. Many small rc airplane companies rely on the fact that this foam has just the right combination of hard surface, stiffness, light weight and flatness. For small parts it may be ok, but for profile planes curvature cannot always be tolerated or designed out with carbon fiber, especially in the wings. Given this, the US supplier is no longer going to carry it. So I have enough in stock for about 30-50 planes depending on what is ordered and then that will be it. I do not currently have a substitute, the most likely option is thinner and softer/more flexible and would require redesign of the kits to have the same strength. I don't want to sell a product I'm not personally happy with. So, if you have wanted one or more of my kits, then the time is now to order because once I'm out of the good foam that will be it. I'm still planning on carrying the E-6 and E-12 rocket motors and cases for the foreseeable future.

Frank

https://www.rcfoam.com/stpg.php?page_id=5225
Old 06-18-2016, 04:47 PM
Craftsman

So is this "Value XPS" not a suitable replacement material?

Old 06-18-2016, 06:31 PM
Craftsman

No, its thinner and more flexible, the designs and way I kit them it wont work as is.
Old 06-18-2016, 08:09 PM
Craftsman

Unhappy Depron!! Oh, No!

Well, that figures!

Glad I've stocked up good on the 3mm stuff, since that's what's so good for lower powered gliders. Still have some 6mm, but I'd used Readiboard for those gliders instead, as you'd have to reinforce the Depron and not the fmbd.

Thought that all the 'real' Depron came from Germany anyways...that's what the larger box that my last order seems to indicate. Hmm, an Amish guy using German Depron....seems right.

Hope you find something else workable, Frank! Having to redesign kits around a material that went 'disco' is not fun, as I found out back in '98!

Besides RCFoam, didn't someplace called 'foamy depot' or such also sell Depron? Thought I'd gotten some from them, but that's been at least 5 or 6 years though.