Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Vendors
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2017, 01:07 AM
Retired with Way Too Many Kits

Default Decals available from Tango Papa

I just got an email reply from Tom Prestia at Tango Papa Decals. He still does decals. I contacted him after hearing about Excelsior printing problems. Turns out his website software got lost so hasn't done any updates since 2013. He is in the process of launching a new website but you can email him to see what he has. His old website does have a list of decals he had offered, and he may have what you need. I'm not sure if prices are current, but check out his old site, and email or call him.

www.tangopapadecals.com

I forgot to ask if he still offers the upscale Mars Lander kit, but if he does, I may just have to get one of those. I have ordered decals in the past from him and he does a really nice job.

Projects: Semroc Saturn 1B, Ken Foss Designs Mini Satellite Interceptor
In the Paint Shop: Nothing! Too cold!
Launch-Ready: Farside-X, Maxi Honest John, Super Scamp
Old 01-20-2017, 01:54 AM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeR
I just got an email reply from Tom Prestia at Tango Papa Decals. He still does decals. I contacted him after hearing about Excelsior printing problems. Turns out his website software got lost so hasn't done any updates since 2013. He is in the process of launching a new website but you can email him to see what he has. His old website does have a list of decals he had offered, and he may have what you need. I'm not sure if prices are current, but check out his old site, and email or call him.

www.tangopapadecals.com

I forgot to ask if he still offers the upscale Mars Lander kit, but if he does, I may just have to get one of those. I have ordered decals in the past from him and he does a really nice job.

I bought decals from JimZ early on. I know the Estes Condor was included and I think the Beta. Jim also included a couple of stars and bars and an Astron Mark. Then I bought a bunch from Phred and Gordon. I don't think I ever bought from Tom, but my brother in law did a big Red Max using a LOC Lil Nuke and bought from him. Turned out pretty cool. http://www.rocketreviews.com/locpre...ony-fragge.html

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Gee'Hod, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Snake Jumper
Old 01-20-2017, 02:34 AM
Retired with Way Too Many Kits

That Li'l Nuke bash is a great looking rocket. Tom at Tango Papa does nice work. I need to look at my 3-ring binder of decals and see what all I still have from him. The most cherished is the set of 1.6X Orbital Transport decals. The build is done, just a lot of sanding/priming to do before I can paint and apply the decals. Now that I know he is still in business, I'm tempted to get another set of the upscaled OT decals at a minimum. (But if you gotta pay postage, might as well get a few others, right?)

Projects: Semroc Saturn 1B, Ken Foss Designs Mini Satellite Interceptor
In the Paint Shop: Nothing! Too cold!
Launch-Ready: Farside-X, Maxi Honest John, Super Scamp
Old 01-20-2017, 06:50 AM
Seagulls Beware...

I sent Tom all my research on the Estes Omega (K-52/K-52P/1200) decals and the Cineroc's white decal, along with a set of Omega original decals for color matching purposes.

So, if you're looking to do an accurate clone (or fix a damaged original) Omega/Cineroc, or build an Omega with the body tube decals that were seen in the catalogs but never shipped with the kit, you can contact him for a set.

Dreaming of making the rockets I dreamed of as a kid (and then some).

"The Guide says there is an art to flying", said Ford, "or rather a knack."
"The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

Launching is Optional... Landing? That Depends on Trees.
Old 01-20-2017, 08:35 PM
Master Modeler

There are several quality people here who sell decals and Tom is one of them. He's a great guy, been around for a long time. Our first order with Tango Papa was back in 2003. We've ordered from Tom more times than I can remember including 99% of our own custom decals for our own special projects. If you follow our website link below, except for the decals for the Sirius kits they were all done by Tom. I'm not going to list them all here but sometimes we had to bust open a mint kit to send him originals to copy for clones we've made and he has always done a great job!

Randy
http://www.vernarockets.com
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HHJHOK6
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00O14ET8K
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CX1UPCG
Old 01-23-2017, 02:39 PM
Master Modeler

I am down to my last Alps printer and keep hoping someday another printer will come out with the same features. It is funny that we have advanced to affordable 3D printers, laser cutters but still no way to print white or metallic.
Old 01-23-2017, 03:09 PM
Not so Junior

Anyone want to pay shipping for one maybe two Mac compatible ALPS printers?

kj
Old 01-24-2017, 12:57 PM
7/21/61

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinj

kj
Pick Me.

Steve
Old 01-25-2017, 05:48 AM
Paper Rocketeer

Well, they can't print metallics, but there is a newer printer that can print not only white, but color over white: UV printers. These are mostly used to print brillient colors on plastic items like phone covers and golf balls (an alternative to pad printers), and everything I've seen indicates they can print on decal paper as well. They are rather pricey, though.

Member of Launch Crue - http://launchcrue.org/

Hint #1: Do not use magician's flash paper for recovery wadding!

Hint #2: Clean your shoes after flyin' in that cow pasture - that ain't no dirt clod on the sole!
Old 01-25-2017, 02:42 PM
Custom Cone, Kit & Decal Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinj

kj

Unfortunately, this Alps model , the MD4000 was designed exclusively for the old Mac's.
I mean OLD, like before the iMac.

I've searched the Alps group and the short answer is, "No, it will not work on a PC or a Mac less than 10 maybe 15 years old."

http://sandmandecals.com/