Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Vendors
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2005, 10:00 PM
Master Modeler

Default Something is afoot at Semroc...

Whole buncha "classic" nose cones and a few "classic" body tubes have appeared on the web site.

Methinks Carl is up to something mighty fine...

Methinks I'm about to go broke
In finishing: Centuri Sabre clone
In primer:
In paint:
Ready for decals:

Bill Cooke
NAR #31312
TRA #19705
SAM #0001
Huntsville, AL

My rocket blog
My rocket fleet
Old 09-19-2005, 10:43 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanel
Whole buncha "classic" nose cones and a few "classic" body tubes have appeared on the web site.

Methinks Carl is up to something mighty fine...

Methinks I'm about to go broke

Aye. There's an ill wind blowing through my wallet.

I've officially been broke for about a month now. It's as bad as you ever imagined.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Gee'Hod, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Snake Jumper
Old 09-20-2005, 01:32 AM
Officially Middle-Aged Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
Aye. There's an ill wind blowing through my wallet.

I've officially been broke for about a month now. It's as bad as you ever imagined.

As long as Carl doesn't start assigning production numbers to nose cones and tubes , I'll be alright...
Old 09-20-2005, 03:36 PM
Master Modeler

Too late, I went there to order a few pieces and wound up...well...broke.

rraeford
Old 09-21-2005, 10:52 AM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

If you type the word "kit" in the search box on the Semroc site, it will show you all the "coming soon" kits in addition to the available ones.
One item to note is that the Centuri/Enerjet Aero-Dart is coming soon !

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !
Old 09-21-2005, 01:24 PM
Administrator

Sneaky.... I love it.

I see the MX-774 listed.
Old 09-21-2005, 06:53 PM
The_Ripper

Yes Sir!

Fun stuff is in the works!
SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Paint & Detail: USR Banshee
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate
🚀 In Repair: SLS Lil’ Hustler, SLS Aero-Dart 1969 Trim
🚀 Stay Tuned For Fall 2021 Launch Dates
Old 09-30-2005, 11:19 PM
AL Swackhammer , power freak

hmm.. few observations and comments ...

Lots of new addition to the Semroc ' vote for your classic' list...hmmm... "=)

Seems Carl's 'holding out ' on us , though, since new additions include NCR models from the mid 80's ( glad the catalog I sent helped, lol :-) , but also has the Astro Dynamics & Eagle Aerospace (early hpr) kits on that voting list.
( items that I've been 'begging for' plans / info on :-) .... * begs more* ... ( will loan my FSI Nike kits for AstroDynamics info ? ;-) .....

also, on the topic of the 'classic' tubes arriving ( jumps up and down happily, order just placed for 'FSI' 21mm tubes .(which hopefully fit our 22mm reload motors, same as the vintage FSI tubing does. :-)

anyways, noting the listing of the BT11 (1.13" FSI spec tubing ), can we please ask / beg Carl to NOT use that for FSI retro-repro kits, especially for motor mounts.. as they will NOT fit 29mm motors :-(

use for such as the OSO (my fave FSI kit), would be ok, assuming it was intended to fly on the E9,etc (as the SLS kits, which do not reccommend any big motors, iirc). then would need a 24mm mount ,so not a true 'clone' .

will wait impatiently for the kits either way ( and vote as other 'teasers' are listed :-)

~ AL
Old 10-01-2005, 01:23 AM
Junior ??? Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Dragon
hmm.. few observations and comments ...

Lots of new addition to the Semroc ' vote for your classic' list...hmmm... "=)

Seems Carl's 'holding out ' on us , though, since new additions include NCR models from the mid 80's ( glad the catalog I sent helped, lol :-) , but also has the Astro Dynamics & Eagle Aerospace (early hpr) kits on that voting list.
( items that I've been 'begging for' plans / info on :-) .... * begs more* ... ( will loan my FSI Nike kits for AstroDynamics info ? ;-) .....

also, on the topic of the 'classic' tubes arriving ( jumps up and down happily, order just placed for 'FSI' 21mm tubes .(which hopefully fit our 22mm reload motors, same as the vintage FSI tubing does. :-)

anyways, noting the listing of the BT11 (1.13" FSI spec tubing ), can we please ask / beg Carl to NOT use that for FSI retro-repro kits, especially for motor mounts.. as they will NOT fit 29mm motors :-(

use for such as the OSO (my fave FSI kit), would be ok, assuming it was intended to fly on the E9,etc (as the SLS kits, which do not reccommend any big motors, iirc). then would need a 24mm mount ,so not a true 'clone' .

will wait impatiently for the kits either way ( and vote as other 'teasers' are listed :-)

~ AL
About the votes... The original intention was to help us prioritize releases based on level of interest. "Vote" is probably not the best word. I don't have any information on the Astro and Eagle kits except that listed. Sure would be great if there was more information available.

Yes, Thanks for the 86 NCR catalog! Helps fill in some blanks on the "renamed kits."

The FSI tubes... The HRT-8 tubes are listed in most of their catalogs from 1974 to 1994 as .903" I.D. and .921" O.D (.009" wall.) The ones I have are .885" I.D. and .921" O.D.( .018" wall) In the price list in the 1984 catalog they state it is .888" I.D. but in the body it is still listed as .903" for ten more years. The centering rings are sometimes listed as .875". Since there was so much conflict in the catalogs, we went with actual measured sizes. Their 21mm engines are actually about .840" max.

The HRT-10 tubes are almost always listed as 1.13"I.D. and 1.17"O.D. and that matches measured dimensions, so that is the sizes we have. Although they were designed for their 27 mm engines (about 1.07" max) they do fit the Dr Rocket 29mm casings and Aerotech consumer casing. Label on the Aerotech casing and Econojet engines make them not fit. In 1984, FSI introduced the HT-114 tube identical to Centuri LT-115 and our LT-115 for 29mm engines, but I have not seen it used in any kits.

When they finally introduced 18mm tubes, they were listed as having an I.D. of .175" (obviously a transposition), .715", and .718".

We will probably provide 18mm and 24mm mounts for all the FSI kits as appropriate. It is unlikely we will ever see 21mm and 27 mm engines again from the "big guys."

Sorry this turned into such a long post, but it should answer several questions down the road.
NAR#4717 L2
semroc.com
Old 10-01-2005, 05:52 AM
Master Modeler

Send a message via Yahoo to barone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl@Semroc

We will probably provide 18mm and 24mm mounts for all the FSI kits as appropriate. It is unlikely we will ever see 21mm and 27 mm engines again from the "big guys."

Carl,

Eagerly awaiting. But, for some of the larger kits (Intrepid for example), please consider an option for 29mm. Thanks.

Don
NAR 53455