Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > Current Kit Talk
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-02-2015, 08:51 AM
Master Modeler

Quote:
whoever produced the corrugated wrap and plastic pieces and tell us who did all the design work

All the new plastic parts are produced by our vendor in China. I did the design work on this model as I have done on all but two Estes models in the past five years.

The Capsule parts are produced from the original Centuri tools here is the USA. The tool needed a lot of repair to get it usable for kit production.

As for how the kit process is done. When it comes to plastic parts. I design them in Cad, grow parts in our rapid prototype machine, make changes if needed, test fly a model with these parts and when I am satisfied I send the cad files to China to get tools cut. Of course others are involved in the kit concept itself and whether we think it will sale or not and the pricing for the kit is all figured out before we spend money on tooling. I receive first shot samples make changes if needed, get new samples and then sign off on them when I am satisfied with the parts.

John Boren