Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Swap Shoppe > For Sale
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2008, 02:58 PM
Junior Rocketeer

Default Vintage radio controlled rocket powered glider

Vintage radio controlled rocket powered glider. Truly a rare find! Can be powered with D, E or F size engines. Requires a 2 channel radio system. Excellent condition. Never built or flown. No plans. Thanks to Scott for resizing the photos for me.
Stamped inside of shell: Designed by Signore for JDS 1988. NCR kit.

WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET....

Wingspan: 24"
Overall Length: 35"

$100.00 obo
Shipping is $35.00 in the US because of the size of the box. Outside US please contact for shipping prices.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  PICT0010a.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  125.4 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  PICT0011a.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  136.8 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  PICT0012a.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  143.5 KB  

Last edited by rcspecialties : 01-27-2008 at 06:55 PM.
Old 01-27-2008, 04:03 PM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcspecialties
Vintage radio controlled rocket powered glider. Truly a rare find! Can be powered with D, E or F size engines. Requires a 2 channel radio system. Excellent condition. Never built or flown. No plans. Email candicelwaters@tampabay.rr.com for photos. Tried to post them but they are too large and I don't know how to reduce the file size.

Stamped inside of shell: Designed by Signore for JDS 1988.

Wingspan: 24"
Overall Length: 35"

$100.00 obo
Shipping is $35.00 in the US because of the size of the box. Outside US please contact for shipping prices.

This is the old NCR Avatar that people were discussing on here the other day.
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 01-27-2008, 06:14 PM
Junior Rocketeer

Smile

Thank you for letting me know. We thought it was Estes. So NCR Avatar, sorry guys!!
Old 01-27-2008, 06:21 PM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Quote:
Thank you for letting me know. We thought it was Estes. So NCR Avatar, sorry guys!!

Other members here saw it when you had it up on eBay. We took a look and saw it was the Avatar. NCR sold a rocket called the Arrow that was used as the launch vehicle for it.
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 01-27-2008, 09:34 PM
Master Modeler

Is the rest of the kit included? I had one once and in addition to the shell there were a bunch of small parts . . . engine tube, elevons, etc.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:41 AM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanj
Is the rest of the kit included? I had one once and in addition to the shell there were a bunch of small parts . . . engine tube, elevons, etc.

She adjusted her description. What you see is what you get.
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 01-31-2008, 07:50 PM
Craftsman

Posted a PM a few days ago (nowhere near the price asked or the shipping requested) and no response. I have the rest of the guts and just wanted to consider the body for a spare.

It does say OBO . . .
Old 01-31-2008, 11:28 PM
Junior Rocketeer

Hi. Sorry, I have been away from home. I understand your position, but I will not let it go for less than $75 plus shipping. Thanks anyway.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:21 AM
Craftsman

Quote:
Hi. Sorry, I have been away from home. I understand your position, but I will not let it go for less than $75 plus shipping. Thanks anyway.

Hmmm, I am almost willing to get mine out of storage with the Arrow booster and just scan the dims into a file. From there, with about $40 in balsa, basswood, and blue foam, you can make your own ... that is what I plan to do with mine, just use it to scratch build copies. Its a lousy performer for $75. Now I WOULD spend $75 on an Estes Sweet Vee or a Cuda.

There are on occasion, foamy Shuttles and 767/747/Concorde planes that surface in toy stores, hardware stores, and ebay. The Concorde has a very close shape to the NCR shuttle and can be modified. Try ebay or toy stores for the foamies. Guillow has a small but usable foamy orbitor for $2 - $3 that can be boosted with a MPR booster, and glided down with micro/park-flier R/C Gear or just free flighted down. IIRC, it has a 14 inch span ... just fine for low - mid power. Let me see if I can pull one up from the net ... yep here it is, the span is 10 inches not 14, but it glides very well and the price of $4.89 ... come on, buy several and just play with them off a hill side: http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/848200.asp

The only thing that makes the NRC collectible is if it is a complete kit with the instructions. I have a feeling that the molds for the NRC were used and sold under another name without the rocket power option. I say this because I saw someone selling a similar looking item on one of the model forums a few years back from Taiwan. Same guy also sold a 5' wing span A380 foamy plane. Don't remember all the details

Now don't let me discourage you from buying the NRC Shuttle off ebay. To some these things are very collectible, and it could turn out to be a great investment 10 - 15 years from now.

Robert