Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Vendors
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2018, 07:24 PM
Aggressor Aerospace

Default New Kit - Mu-4S-2

All,

Here is my latest offering from Aggressor Aerospace. This is the Japanese Mu-4S-2. This is my biggest kit yet - 45.6" long, 2.6" in diameter, flies on 29mm motors (a first for AAR kits). I test flew the prototype at NARAM this year - it was picture-perfect on an E16-6. The 8 strap-on boosters - assembled in pairs, each pair with a shared forward cap - make the model visually interesting and a challenge to build. No - they are not "plumbed" for 13mm motors (but feel free to try it yourself). As always, I'll sell to any YORF member for my wholesale price of $75 plus $10 shipping. When these go on sale at Apogee, they will be over $100 each. I also signed and numbered the first three kits only. First-come, first served! IM me if interested.
Old 10-21-2018, 07:25 PM
Aggressor Aerospace

Darn picture manager!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  Cover pic.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  368.0 KB  
Old 10-21-2018, 08:00 PM
Dazed and Confused

According to the image properties, that was shot at 1/320 second at f/9. That's a really sharp pic for 1/320!!!! Great job shooting and that's a really slick looking finish on the rocket.
Old 10-21-2018, 08:18 PM
Aggressor Aerospace

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
According to the image properties, that was shot at 1/320 second at f/9. That's a really sharp pic for 1/320!!!! Great job shooting and that's a really slick looking finish on the rocket.

Tim Van Milligan took that photo - of a stationary model! He then photoshopped in the motor plume. Sorry about that - there was no intent to deceive! I haven't actually flown this model on Aerotech motors. I've only flown it on E16 and F15 motors. If somebody really wants the hammer effect of a higher thrust F or (gulp!) G motor, they can go for it. But the arrow-straight flight and long burn of the Estes 29mm motors was awesome enough for me!
Old 10-21-2018, 08:20 PM
Dazed and Confused

LOL, that explains a lot!
Old 10-21-2018, 08:24 PM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

The so-called "hammer" effect of Aerotech composite motors is what makes them worthwhile for the price. Even a 24mm baby-F RMS24 F24W has more total impulse and average impulse than the Estes F15 at half the weight. If Estes would have made the 29mm F an F40+, I'd be far more interested.

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !
Old 10-22-2018, 11:30 AM
Retired with Way Too Many Kits

I agree that a high thrust motor like an 29mm BP F40 (or higher) would be nice.

I’m a big fan of the RMS system for certain LPR, and most MPR. With low thrust Black Jacks to moderate thrust White Lightning, to high thrust Blue Thunder reloads, there is a pretty good option for most situations.
I use the 18/20 with D reloads, in rockets like the Mars Lander. I use the 24/40 with E and F reloads in just about any rocket with a 24mm mount. But ... sometimes it’s nice to just grab a big single-use BP motor like the F15, for a quickly prepped flight. But, it has to be the right rocket.
I am currently building a cluster model that will use 3 F15 motors. And one of these days I’ll do a stager using the F15s. Clusters and staging to me are the most appealing reason to buy big BP motors. For now, I can live with the F15 (or E16, for that matter).
Here is my big cluster, basically just needs paint. (Ignore the RMS nozzles, that’s a project that is on the back burner.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  B910CFEF-87EF-43FF-83C0-60FBF657232D.jpeg
Views: 50
Size:  1.36 MB  

Projects: Semroc Saturn 1B, Ken Foss Designs Mini Satellite Interceptor
In the Paint Shop: Nothing! Too cold!
Launch-Ready: Farside-X, Maxi Honest John, Super Scamp
Old 10-22-2018, 03:16 PM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

The RMS 29 40/120 Casing also has Mohave Green and Redline loads in addition to Blue Thunder, White Lightning, and Blacjack loads. Most versatile case offered by Aerotech.

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !
Old 10-23-2018, 01:07 AM
Retired with Way Too Many Kits

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
The RMS 29 40/120 Casing also has Mohave Green and Redline loads in addition to Blue Thunder, White Lightning, and Blacjack loads. Most versatile case offered by Aerotech.

I like the 29/40-120. I own 3.
Bought my first in 1992. I had never flown anything larger than a D12! I usually have 2 of each size of Hobbylinc RMS. I bought my 3rd, a blue anodized Monster Motors casing, at a swap meet for $15. Guy had never used it and was getting out of the hobby. It’s nice to have multiple cases and do your prep the night before a launch.

I’ve flown the G76G Mojave Green several times. Cool motor. I bought the G71R Redlines a few years ago, but never flew them. Then they were pulled off the market. Users complained about bad delay times. I’ve found inconsistencies in which delay kits were used. Aerotech supposedly has a replacement coming for it. I thought I’d just replace the delays, but there is no reliable info on which to use. By far my most used is the G64W White Lightning. The G33 Black Jack was discontinued, and replaced with the G53 FJ, Black Max (Fast Jack ?) propellant. I’ve not tried those, but always liked the smoky motors. I still have a few G33J reloads, I need to use them up. They get trickier to light when they are old.

Projects: Semroc Saturn 1B, Ken Foss Designs Mini Satellite Interceptor
In the Paint Shop: Nothing! Too cold!
Launch-Ready: Farside-X, Maxi Honest John, Super Scamp