Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Vendors
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2007, 11:54 PM
L2 Rocketeer

Thumbs down Rocket Motion Criminal Fraud!!

This is a warning to anyone buying on the Internet NOT to buy from Rocket Motion (http://www.rocketmotion.com).

On October 11, 2006, I ordered a Blacksky Altaac altimeter from them and was immediately charged $171.90 on my Paypal account. They never shipped the altimeter, and on November 7, I received an email saying they could not get them in stock and would refund my money. Of course, we now know that Blacksky is out of commission so no one can get these. They never refunded my money. I sent dozens of emails, including a reply to theirs, with no response. My wife called them on several occasions, at different times of day, and left messaged, but they never replied. Sadly, I waited so long hoping they would make good that by the time I disputed it with Paypal it was too late for their policy to apply.

So Rocket Motion stole almost $200 from me and completely ignored all my attempts to fix it. At this point, I am considering filing criminal charges against them, though I have no hope of seeing my money.

They STILL HAVE the Altaac advertised on their web site!

I will certainly never buy from them again, and I will actively discourage anyone else from doing so either.

Eric Albrecht
Old 09-04-2007, 12:42 PM
Master Modeler

File a complaint with the Attorney General's Office in you State. Contact the Better Business Bureau.
File a complaint with the FCC for Internet fraud.

Contact your local TV station, they usually have a consumer advocate who will go after the.

Contact your local newspaper to ask them to do a story about your problem.

AND, contact PayPal's fraud division, this is probably the best place to go. They can investigate this.

Stand up for your rights !!!!!!!!1
Old 09-04-2007, 12:51 PM
Master Modeler

I tried to email them and got an error message that their server could noy be found??

rocketmotion.com

info

661-588-6922
sales@rocketmotion.com

questions

661-588-6922

orders@rocketmotion.com

Maybe they would love to hear from us ?????
Old 09-04-2007, 02:38 PM
L2 Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Doctor
File a complaint with the Attorney General's Office in you State. Contact the Better Business Bureau.
File a complaint with the FCC for Internet fraud.

Contact your local TV station, they usually have a consumer advocate who will go after the.

Contact your local newspaper to ask them to do a story about your problem.

AND, contact PayPal's fraud division, this is probably the best place to go. They can investigate this.

Stand up for your rights !!!!!!!!1

The problem is that they are not in my state. So I'm not sure filing anything with my state would be helpful, I need to file in their state, and I am not a resident there. When it is a local business it is much easier since they actually care about their local reputation.

I did try Paypal fraud division, but if it is over 45 days since the sale, they won't touch it. I filed at 47 days.

Eric
Old 09-04-2007, 02:41 PM
L2 Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Doctor
I tried to email them and got an error message that their server could noy be found??

rocketmotion.com

info

661-588-6922
sales@rocketmotion.com

questions

661-588-6922

orders@rocketmotion.com

Maybe they would love to hear from us ?????

I think the more people they hear from, the more likely they will care, assuming they actually ever read their email. It is hard to imagine them not refunding the money for an item they never shipped unless they simply never read their email or answer their phone.

Maybe I should send them a registered letter with all the history in it.

By the way, I noticed the hyperlink in my original message does not work. It puts the closing parenthesis as part of the link.

Eric
Old 09-04-2007, 02:51 PM
Master Modeler

Send them a registered letter.

You can still file a complaint with the attorney generals in the state that the company does business in.

Like I also mentioned, contact the media, they have numerous news divisions, tell them the whole story and ask their opinion.
$200 bucks is $200 bucks, better off in your pocket than theirs, pursue it, don't give up.........
Old 09-07-2007, 08:56 PM
L2 Rocketeer

Thumbs up

Hi folks. I wanted to announce that Rocketmotion has at last refunded my money and offered to send me a free altimeter. I don't know what caused this long lasting problem, but they are at least trying to make it right in the end.

Eric
Old 09-08-2007, 09:06 AM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakbird
Hi folks. I wanted to announce that Rocketmotion has at last refunded my money and offered to send me a free altimeter. I don't know what caused this long lasting problem, but they are at least trying to make it right in the end.

Eric

Pressure from the outside......word of mouth is a very good way to send a message.

Too little, too late, at least you got your money back and a bonus for all your headaches.