Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Swap Shoppe > Wanted: Dead or Alive!
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-02-2019, 09:29 PM
lndshrkut lndshrkut is offline
Junior Rocketeer
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 3
Default Centuri Powr Pad controller case

Hi guys,

First post and a long shot.

I recently bought a(n almost) complete Centuri Eagle Power kit.

As luck would have it, I have two BACK's of the controller and no FRONT's.

(Yes, TWO blue plastic BACK controller halves without the button and lamp holes)

I guess theoretically there is a "spare" front floating out there and I'd love to find it.

Thanks,

Jim Conforti

Last edited by lndshrkut : 06-02-2019 at 09:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-03-2019, 12:52 PM
Earl's Avatar
Earl Earl is offline
Apollo Nut
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,723
Default

Well, welcome to the forum! You can find a great deal of useful information here and many members carry decades of rocketry experience under their belts.

I started my formal rocketry hobby with that same Centuri Power Pad. If you aren't already, you might want to monitor eBay for your requested part. These pads, in various states of used condition, can sometimes be had relatively cheap. Some are in pretty sad shape, so they are not good for collecting, but for needed spare parts these listings are great.

Again, welcome to the forum and good luck on your search.

Earl
__________________
Earl L. Cagle, Jr.
NAR# 29523
TRA# 962
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-05-2019, 01:55 AM
lndshrkut lndshrkut is offline
Junior Rocketeer
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 3
Default

Earl,

That's where I got the kit with "two back halves". Not sure if I'm making sense.

The EBay seller was not a "rocket person" so sold me the Eagle Power kit in good faith

I'll keep an eye out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl
Well, welcome to the forum! You can find a great deal of useful information here and many members carry decades of rocketry experience under their belts.

I started my formal rocketry hobby with that same Centuri Power Pad. If you aren't already, you might want to monitor eBay for your requested part. These pads, in various states of used condition, can sometimes be had relatively cheap. Some are in pretty sad shape, so they are not good for collecting, but for needed spare parts these listings are great.

Again, welcome to the forum and good luck on your search.

Earl
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-05-2019, 06:28 AM
Earl's Avatar
Earl Earl is offline
Apollo Nut
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,723
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lndshrkut
Earl,

That's where I got the kit with "two back halves". Not sure if I'm making sense.

The EBay seller was not a "rocket person" so sold me the Eagle Power kit in good faith

I'll keep an eye out.


Your original post was clear and I understood what you were looking for. I kinda figured too you probably got the set off ebay, but was not certain.

I was simply suggesting that these pads do show up on ebay (which you probably already knew) on some regular basis, and while some are not in the best of condition, you might just find one pretty cheap to get that 'top' part of the controller you need.

In any event, good luck on the hunt. And maybe someone here just might have that part themselves to share.

Earl
__________________
Earl L. Cagle, Jr.
NAR# 29523
TRA# 962
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-10-2019, 04:04 PM
lndshrkut lndshrkut is offline
Junior Rocketeer
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 3
Default

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping. I have 2 powr pads... one in "meh" condition with a controller amd one in "new as they get" (10) condition but with doubles of one side of the controller. Which makes "negative sense" but it is what it is.

Hoping I find another new set on EBay or I'm going to be having a plastic mold made. Which becomes a bit over the top just for a nice display


Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl
Your original post was clear and I understood what you were looking for. I kinda figured too you probably got the set off ebay, but was not certain.

I was simply suggesting that these pads do show up on ebay (which you probably already knew) on some regular basis, and while some are not in the best of condition, you might just find one pretty cheap to get that 'top' part of the controller you need.

In any event, good luck on the hunt. And maybe someone here just might have that part themselves to share.

Earl
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:37 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe 1998-2019