Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Swap Shoppe > For Sale
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2019, 06:58 PM
SAM 0371

Default FS Centuri Hercules

I have a nice NIP Centuri Hercules. It does not have a hang tag or header card so I assume it was a giveaway kit. Weird nosecone that I think may have been used in the Enerjet 1340?

$35 shipped US. All proceeds go to the NAR Legacy Fund for archiving our hobby's history.

I am going to give this a few days here, and if it doesn't sell I'll try another venue....maybe one of you old timers or old timer wanna bes (like me) will dig this kit.

I am apparently too dumb to post pictures, but I have a couple I can email if ya like. DM me with your email address and I will send them to you.

Last edited by J Blatz : 07-14-2019 at 07:05 PM. Reason: add pic
Old 07-14-2019, 07:36 PM
Apollo Nut

That's the kit that graced the front cover of the 1972 Centuri catalog, but as one of the mass-market 'Stellar' line of kits that had been introduced a year earlier, it was not in that catalog.

Around '75 or '76 Centuri started trying to move these kits in bags only; no color boxes like they had been in for mass market sales.

But the Hercules is a nice kit; well, they were all nice kits. I never really understood why they did not list any of these kits in their catalogs.

That's a good price on the kit; if I didn't already have a couple, I'd go for it. But, yes, that PNC-132 in the kit is the same one used in the Enerjet Nike Ram kit, the Taurus kit, and the smaller glider in the (early 70s issued) Space Shuttle kit.

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970
Old 07-14-2019, 07:36 PM
Craftsman

Default FS Centuri Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Blatz
I have a nice NIP Centuri Hercules. It does not have a hang tag or header card so I assume it was a giveaway kit. Weird nosecone that I think may have been used in the Enerjet 1340?

$35 shipped US. All proceeds go to the NAR Legacy Fund for archiving our hobby's history.

I am going to give this a few days here, and if it doesn't sell I'll try another venue....maybe one of you old timers or old timer wanna bes (like me) will dig this kit.

I am apparently too dumb to post pictures, but I have a couple I can email if ya like. DM me with your email address and I will send them to you.

PM sent.

Kind regards,
Jeff Jenkins
aka: Faithwalker
NAR #46879
Old 07-15-2019, 08:17 AM
SAM 0371

Sold to Faithwalker.

Thank you!