Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Vendors
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2012, 07:54 PM
Aggressor Aerospace

Default Aggressor Aerospace

Hello!

My name is Scott, and I am the owner of Aggressor Aerospace Inc. I'm a retired USAF officer who has been flying rockets since 1979. My passion is military scale models (a reflection of my time in the Air Force, I suppose). I started Aggressor Aerospace to offer some of my cooler subjects to others who like military scale subjects. Unfortunately, I'm lousy at marketing (attempts at websites have been a bust), and my Ebay sales have been disappointing. So, at this point, I am OOP.

However - I've decided to make one final push. I'm willing to consider seriously discounted kit prices if somebody will review the kit and post their reviews here and elsewhere. I do NOT want to support people looking for feebies. For those who are interested, I'd like to see past work on military subjects in this thread. Basically, I'm looking for like-minded modelers who can handle challenging kits!!

I'll make additional posts with info on my kits.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:02 PM
Aggressor Aerospace

Default Kit #1 - Shahab 3

The Shahab 3 is an interesting subject. According to internet sources, the missile started in North Korea as the Nodong 1, then migrated to Iran, where it has become a serious threat to Israel - one of the few Iranian missiles which can strike Iran. Our kit uses BMS balsa parts and laser cut fins, and the finished model is 23.94" long and 1.84" in diameter. It uses 24mm (C11/D12) motors. It features a unique detachable fin unit (not shown) - I hate clear plastic fins!!

If war breaks out with Iran, this missile with surpass the Scud in infamy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  IMG_4576.JPG
Views: 166
Size:  171.1 KB  
Old 10-29-2012, 08:08 PM
Aggressor Aerospace

Default Kit #2 Safir

The Safir is the launch vehicle Iran used to become the 9th nation to launch a satellite on an indigenous vehicle (I still count the USSR - and "spinoff countries" Ukraine and Russia, as one country in the list - USSR, USA, France, Japan, China, UK, India, Israel, Iran). "Safir" means "Ambassador" in Persian. So, this model goes beyond the "pure" military model mold.

Our Safir is 23.25" long and 1.325" in diamter. I features BMS balsa parts, laser-cut fins, and a detachable fin unit. It's also our only kit with custom waterslide decals! It flies on B6/C6 18mm motors.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:  IMG_4600.JPG
Views: 145
Size:  169.2 KB  
Old 10-30-2012, 10:21 AM
I do not like Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by frognbuff
It features a unique detachable fin unit (not shown) - I hate clear plastic fins!!

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your service.

What does that fin unit look like? I personally dislike opaque stabilization enhancers more than clear fins. Some are a lot worse than others depending on how discreet they are and how well they fit the theme of the model...

Bill

If your June, July, August and September was like this, you might just hate summer too...

Please unload your question before you ask it unless you have a concealed harry permit.

: countdown begin cr dup . 1- ?dup 0= until cr ." Launch!" cr ;

Give a man a rocket and he will fly for a day; teach him to build and he will spend the rest of his days sanding...
Old 10-30-2012, 07:28 PM
BAR

Interesting...

I was hoping these would be in the BT-80 size tube... 2.6 inches...

I like the subject vehicles and will be watching with interest to see what else is available...

Later! OL JR

PS. +1 to what Bill said...

Clear fins CAN be a pain, but add-on fins can be fugly... so it's a tradeoff... I build a lot of Dr. Zooch kits that have his "flame fins" which work very well, and can be painted to look like the rocket blast and smoke plumes from the back of the rocket, making them less conspicuous, and it's good that they're completely removable for display (depending on the rocket). I can certainly see where the costs of using clear plastic fin materials can be excessive, require a higher skillset from the builder, and use non-standard adhesives, materials, and tools, which makes the kits more expensive and harder to build.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:49 AM
Aggressor Aerospace

Default Kit #3

Getting some responses. Thanks to those who contacted me.

Kit #3 is a Chinese Dong Feng 11A (DF-11A) short-range ballistic missile - also known as the CSS-7 Mod 2 (here in the West). Finished model is 22.22" long and 1.84" in diameter. It flies on 24mm C11/D12 motors. Despite what seems like ample fins in the back, this model also uses my detachable fin unit (not shown in the photo). I have been able to get these to fly in a stable manner without the fin unit, but it took a lot of carefully placed nose weight (the balsa nose from BMS if very light). So, I decided to add the fin unit in an attempt to make the model a bit more foolproof. Features laser-cut main fins (small fins on the RV must be cut out by the builder).
Attached Thumbnails

Name:  IMG_4597.JPG
Views: 112
Size:  155.1 KB  
Old 10-31-2012, 09:53 AM
Aggressor Aerospace

Default Kit #4

Final entry for now. I actually have a fifth kit, but it is out of stock. It is the Indian Agni 1 SRBM.

Kit #4, however, is the Dong Feng 15B (DF-15B; CSS-6 Mod 3 in the West) SRBM. The finished model is 18.375" long and 1.637" in diameter. Like the DF-11A, this kit uses a detachable fin unit to compensate for the lightweight balsa nose. Features laser-cut main fins. The nose cone is a challenge to build - three separate turned pieces by BMS, plus the fins on the maneuvering RV. Not for the meek - this is definitely the hardest kit I have right now.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:  IMG_4599.JPG
Views: 126
Size:  161.2 KB  
Old 10-31-2012, 11:16 AM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

While I have high interest in scale US military and civilian projects, I have little interest in scale models from enemy or at best 'rogue' nations. Those should be offered as dioramas of mangled targets blown to smithereens by USAF/USN/USMC aircraft.

HIGH quality kits of the subjects offered by 'the launch pad' with decals included at a realistic price would interest me. That is a niche that is currently unfulfilled. One can buy 'the launch pad' kits that are in my book incomplete and of dubious quality for the price or one can buy VERY HIGH quality kits from a couple of vendors that also have very high prices in my book for the size of the rocket.

Whatcha got along those lines featuring US missiles/rockets ?

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, TURMOIL, FIASCOS, and HAVOC !
Old 10-31-2012, 03:14 PM
Creator of 'STONE TREK'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
While I have high interest in scale US military and civilian projects, I have little interest in scale models from enemy or at best 'rogue' nations. Those should be offered as dioramas of mangled targets blown to smithereens by USAF/USN/USMC aircraft.

HIGH quality kits of the subjects offered by 'the launch pad' with decals included at a realistic price would interest me. That is a niche that is currently unfulfilled. One can buy 'the launch pad' kits that are in my book incomplete and of dubious quality for the price or one can buy VERY HIGH quality kits from a couple of vendors that also have very high prices in my book for the size of the rocket.

Whatcha got along those lines featuring US missiles/rockets ?

I for one am curious as to whether there are others on this forum that feel this way.
Remember, money isn't the root of all evil - the love of money is the root of all evil. These enemy or 'rogue' nations are using rocket technology - like we do in a scaled-down fashion, but nevertheless - and it is their political or religious (or both) aims backed by widely-used tools and technology that makes the situation, shall we say, disnominal. But, I believe these vehicles are obvious fodder for model rocket kits (as long as we're not looking at trivial variations on already-visited subjects), if for no other reason than they exist and they are rockets. Their historical importance is enough to justify a product line. My (perhaps unrealistic) model rocket biz plan looks to this interest as part of its schema, along with the rise in commercial space travel.

But I'd like to know who else here on this forum doesn't care for these subjects.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:32 PM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain
I for one am curious as to whether there are others on this forum that feel this way.
Remember, money isn't the root of all evil - the love of money is the root of all evil. These enemy or 'rogue' nations are using rocket technology - like we do in a scaled-down fashion, but nevertheless - and it is their political or religious (or both) aims backed by widely-used tools and technology that makes the situation, shall we say, disnominal. But, I believe these vehicles are obvious fodder for model rocket kits (as long as we're not looking at trivial variations on already-visited subjects), if for no other reason than they exist and they are rockets. Their historical importance is enough to justify a product line. My (perhaps unrealistic) model rocket biz plan looks to this interest as part of its schema, along with the rise in commercial space travel.

But I'd like to know who else here on this forum doesn't care for these subjects.

I for one LIKE the non-typical scale rockets... including these from "rogue nations". Basically the Shahab-3, the No-Dong, the Hatf-5, and the various iterations Saddam came up with are all based on the old Russian Scuds, which were basically the Russian version of the Redstone. But they're very interesting nontheless.

I'd buy them if they were reasonably priced.

Later! OL JR