Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Building Techniques
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2009, 10:23 AM
7/21/61

I'm curious if those of you who RSO club launches would let a rocket with a parallel staging technique like Luv2Launch's Delta fly at a club launch?
Old 09-12-2009, 10:40 AM
Junior Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus
I'm curious if those of you who RSO club launches would let a rocket with a parallel staging technique like Luv2Launch's Delta fly at a club launch?

I have never brought that model or the parallel staged big bertha that I built as kind of a proof of concept that it would work.But when I built and flew the PS Bertha just to test to see what would happen if one of the side pods didn't light I left an igniter out to see what would happen and also have had a pod light late once and the model was still stable flying with the central motor and one booster ignited and one having fallen off.When I launch them on my own I use a board with spent motor cases glued to it to support the boosters till the button is pressed.

I would not fly it at a club launch until I could figure out a way to have a booster not fall off if one doesn;t light or lights late.I am thinking about maybe adding hooks near the lower lugs on the sustainer to hold a rubberband that would then be looped under the booster motors as a burn string type method but if the motor didn't light then the igniter still in the motor could cuase a problem with that when it tries to pull free.