Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Kit Collecting
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-10-2018, 02:46 PM
Junior Rocketeer

Default WTB Estes Andromeda Kit

Hello!

I guess this is as good a way to introduce myself as any other!

I'm looking for either an original or reproduction Andromeda to BUILD so I don't really care if the package is complete or even there.

I'm "new" to model rocketry considering I haven't made or launched one since high school in 1983 so I have no idea what's been going on in the hobby.

A little research has shown that my favorite model was kind of a favorite of a lot of people and there seem to be a few different options for making an Andromeda these days.

I liked two things about it back in 1978 or so when when my father got me one to build, which he ended up building lol.. I think he "got me one" as an excuse to make it himself.

ANYway... I liked two things.... it was the biggest kit I had ever seen and it was about the only gloss black rocket I had ever seen. It just looked better than anything else.

Turns out, I still think that and now I want to leverage my advanced skills to make a "show quality" Andromeda.

Just got to get my hands on one first.