Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Model Rocket History
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-07-2019, 03:49 PM
SPEV/Orion wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
I didn't realize (or I forgot) that Estes switched to the Centuri clear fin method. Was it the same die cut from Centuri? I've got some clear stock and was debating on whether to go with the old style sandwich or the Centuri style for my modified 2001 kit. I have a couple of Centuri fins, but can't find all four.

I would assume it was the same part tooling from Centuri. Also, I never saw or built such kits, I just saw them being flown. It is entirely possible that the flyers made their own based on their memory and preference for the Centuri fins, but I asked two flyers about them and they said 'they came with the kit'. Definitely the old Estes version of the Saturn. So either the 1236 or the 2001. I bought a 2001 in mid 90's and never opened it. May have sold it last year in my "need funds" frenzy, or it may be in storage. Either way I can't examine it.