Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > BARCLONE > Announcements
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2011, 11:34 AM
NAR Technical Services

Default New Products From Narts

4 New Products Now Available From Narts
Nar Technical Reports Vol.24 (NARAM-53)
Sport Rocketry Cd 2008
Sport Rocketry Cd 2009
Sport Rocketry Cd 2010
Old 12-04-2011, 12:46 PM
Freeform rocketry advocate.

Location: Claremont, CA "The intellectual capitol of the world."-WSJ

Hmmm a NARTS user. I wonder if they would distribute a CRm CD?
Old 12-04-2011, 04:24 PM
Craftsman

I was hoping for a CD collective of "The Spotter" , "Impact" and the "Novaar Free Press".
Old 12-05-2011, 07:57 AM

I think the main limiting factor is some guy willing to make the master CD. Plenty of people talk about this over the years but painfully few take any tangible action.

I did something with the magazines I published by putting the first year or two of them on the internet primarily so folks could see for themselves where large model rockets and high power rockets came from in actual reality. There was considerable propaganda and history rewriting by one national organization before I simply published all those magazines to the internet for all to see.

http://www.v-serv.com/crp/CRm/CRm.htm

If anyone wants to volunteer to convert my physical publications to CD and iBook formats, I am game. I am willing to pay a stipend so it does not cost money to volunteer.

I would let NARTS sell my magazines and keep all the proceeds as I am a very strong supporter of NAR.

Just Historical Jerry
Old 12-05-2011, 11:57 AM
AP burner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Irvine
I think the main limiting factor is some guy willing to make the master CD. Plenty of people talk about this over the years but painfully few take any tangible action.

I did something with the magazines I published by putting the first year or two of them on the internet primarily so folks could see for themselves where large model rockets and high power rockets came from in actual reality. There was considerable propaganda and history rewriting by one national organization before I simply published all those magazines to the internet for all to see.

http://www.v-serv.com/crp/CRm/CRm.htm

If anyone wants to volunteer to convert my physical publications to CD and iBook formats, I am game. I am willing to pay a stipend so it does not cost money to volunteer.

I would let NARTS sell my magazines and keep all the proceeds as I am a very strong supporter of NAR.

Just Historical Jerry

Jerry,
I don't think putting these on a CD would be hard at all. It'd simply be a matter of converting each web page to a PDF file and it's basically drag and drop from there.

Braden
Ultimate Darkstar (HPR)
5.5 polecat NIKE smoke (HPR)
Retired:
Estes Mosquito (Mini Brute)
under construction:
L1 5.5" Standard ARM
RIP Erik Gates. Your talents will never be forgotten.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:53 PM

I don't either, but as you might also observe it has not been done for a variety of historical publications. The sheer value of publishing all known club newsletters (under 1000 pages) would be astounding.

The old saying, "He has forgotten more than you know", clearly applies to club model rocketry newsletters.

MIT Press promised but failed to reprint "Advanced Topics" after the authors approached me to do it which I had already 80% finished back in the early-mid 90's (lost time).

It seems to me the pdf "copy" I have seen floating around without the associated errata is "unhelpful" as compared to a real iBook/eBook or, the real deal, a rePRINTING.

Jerry
Old 12-07-2011, 06:03 AM
MMXCVII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Irvine

MIT Press promised but failed to reprint "Advanced Topics" after the authors approached me to do it which I had already 80% finished back in the early-mid 90's (lost time).

It seems to me the pdf "copy" I have seen floating around without the associated errata is "unhelpful" as compared to a real iBook/eBook or, the real deal, a rePRINTING.

Jerry

Like this?

http://mitpress.mit.edu/catalog/ite...type=2&tid=9790

http://www.amazon.com/Topics-Advanc...l/dp/0262632780