Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2011, 09:58 PM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

Nuff said.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  galactica.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  27.6 KB  

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !
Old 11-30-2011, 02:18 AM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman
Wait! I have two more!

Eva Habermann and Xenia Seeberg.

They both played the love slave/cluster lizard character Zev on Lexx.

I have better pictures but that's all I can post here without getting into trouble.

I have all of the episodes for streaming video on Netflix. There are some pretty nice shots of those girls in the series.

Canadians and Germans get away with a lot of stuff we can't do on TV.

Definitely an "R" rated series!

That's more like it...

Might just have to check that out my ownself...

Later! OL JR
Old 11-30-2011, 02:21 AM
BAR

Yeah, I had a big thing for Cassie and Maren back when the ORIGINAL (and BEST IMHO) BSG was on TV...

And don't forget Pamela... Ardala had it goin' on!!!

Later! OL JR

PS. they don't make sci-fi like they used to... (and that ain't a good thing!)
Old 11-30-2011, 07:50 AM
Custom Cone, Kit & Decal Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke strawwalker
That's more like it...

Might just have to check that out my ownself...

Later! OL JR

You might want to wait until the kids are asleep to watch it.

http://sandmandecals.com/
Old 11-30-2011, 07:59 AM
Paper Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke strawwalker
Yeah, I had a big thing for Cassie and Maren back when the ORIGINAL (and BEST IMHO) BSG was on TV...

And don't forget Pamela... Ardala had it goin' on!!!

Later! OL JR

PS. they don't make sci-fi like they used to... (and that ain't a good thing!)

I don't know about that - I tried watching an old episode of Buck Rogers a little while back and it was so silly that it was pretty much unwatchable. In retrospect, I can't quite figure out why I liked it so much back then. OTOH, more recent efforts like Firefly, BSG, the Stargate franchise and a few others show that, if you really want to AND pay attention to the details, you can make quality SF today. Of course, there have been some real stinkers in the last few years too - Sci-Fy's version of "Riverworld" was a total embarrassment!

Greg
Old 11-30-2011, 09:20 AM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

C'mon now.
Buck Rogers from late 70's/early 80's rocks.
Women in tight spandex suits !
That should have been the mandatory uniform for them on the original BSG as well.
The "musicworld" episode- Jerry Orbach and the guy that played "Bull" on Night Court are in it as villains; hilarious yet totally cheesy.

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !
Old 11-30-2011, 09:42 AM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
C'mon now.
Buck Rogers from late 70's/early 80's rocks.
Women in tight spandex suits !
That should have been the mandatory uniform for them on the original BSG as well.
The "musicworld" episode- Jerry Orbach and the guy that played "Bull" on Night Court are in it as villains; hilarious yet totally cheesy.

The world is ending... I COMPLETELY AGREE with GH... LOL

Part of the reason I don't really care for the 'retreads' like the new BSG and the other new sci-fi stuff is that they take themselves WAY too seriously. That's why I could never get into "Babylon 5"... That and the eye-candy factor was running on empty... sorry but a dolled up Wilma Deering or Ardala in her high-necked bikinis with horns beats out some dirty, grungy Goth-looking chick in a recycled Air Force flightsuit any day of the week and twice on Sunday... it may be more "realistic" but heck, if I wanted that I'd just flip on the news... I chalk it up to feminism... chicks just don't WANT to look sexy anymore and have convinced society it's improper to want them to... then they get PO'd when you're like "so what" because of their ho-hum appearance... When I was in school, the girls looked HOT... they might not have been particularly "hot" but they LOOKED hot... stirrup pants, short skirts, the preppie look, or nice flattering jeans and a T-shirt... but it was something different every day... (the 80's). When I was driving the bus, the kids would dress in one of two styles-- stupid hip huggers, usually two sizes too small and TOTALLY unflattering, with a roll of fat "muffin top" squeezed out over the belt of the jeans (gag) or they looked like some escapee from Dracula's castle who bought their clothes at a lumberjack's thrift shop... That and the dudes invariably wearing jeans 5 sizes too big for them with half their butt sticking out like they were channeling Tupac's ghost or something... (Gag... How many times I wondered if those goofy high school boys would continue wearing their pants like that if they knew that whole look got it's start from homo's in prison advertising for sex by showing their behinds...) The only time they EVER dressed out of that "grunge uniform" was maybe twice a year, when they'd dress nice for picture day or homecoming or something... The girls might actually come up with a skirt and look nice, and the guys wear pants that fit and a decent shirt... Next day it was right back to the cookie-cutter grunge-n-Dracula reject outfits... how original... LOL

Later! OL JR
Old 11-30-2011, 09:52 AM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpoehlein
I don't know about that - I tried watching an old episode of Buck Rogers a little while back and it was so silly that it was pretty much unwatchable. In retrospect, I can't quite figure out why I liked it so much back then. OTOH, more recent efforts like Firefly, BSG, the Stargate franchise and a few others show that, if you really want to AND pay attention to the details, you can make quality SF today. Of course, there have been some real stinkers in the last few years too - Sci-Fy's version of "Riverworld" was a total embarrassment!

Greg

Well, I guess our tastes change over time... yeah some of the storylines were a bit weak (the musicworld episode GH mentioned was rather silly even in 79 I remembered thinking, but then I've never been a big music fan). I remembered the A-Team as VERY exciting and a serious show, until my brother got the DVD's and I bummed them off him for a couple weeks and watched the show... I didn't remember it being that cheesy or predictable, and some of the episodes were downright embarrassing... The whole last season was absolutely rediculous. Keira really liked it though... she thinks Mr. T is cool... LOL Wonder how many kids in her school even knows who Mr. T is...

Course, I remember "The Waltons" growing up (sorta-- we watched it mostly in the mid 70's when I was pre-school aged-- hard to remember that far back) and really enjoyed watching it again when it came on satellite awhile back... Keira liked some of it and not other parts of it... It wasn't like I remembered either... seemed like serious drama "back in the day" and watching it now seems a bit cheesy, though some episodes were quite good... the last couple seasons when it overlapped "Dallas" (and being a Lorimar Production even reused some of the same music rifs that Dallas used in their episodes...) were pretty much a total washout... Like Michael Lerned said in their reunion special awhile back, "sometimes a show lasts longer than it should..." better to go out gracefully than linger and have to be put down... (sorta like 95% of the second season of Buck Rogers... with the exception of "Testimony of a Traitor", the next-to-last episode)... well, that and the first episode with Barbara Luna in that sexy skater leotard outfit and feathers...

Later! OL JR
Old 11-30-2011, 10:06 AM
Paper Rocketeer

Admittedly, the first season of Buck Rogers was better than all the rest combined - I think they purposely "dumbed it down" after that first season. The other seasons were all eye candy and cheese - and isn't THAT a tasty buffet?

And the original BSG WAS a lot better than the spin-off (what was it, BSG 1980 or something silly like that?). I mean, getting to earth and it's the present day earth, so they run around on invisible flying motorcycles? Urgh!!! Only thing worse was the Star Wars Christmas Special!!!

Greg
Old 11-30-2011, 10:19 AM
Launching since 1970.

'Tis the Season:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mz550T3QeAo

(The season to stab your eyes out)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpoehlein
Admittedly, the first season of Buck Rogers was better than all the rest combined - I think they purposely "dumbed it down" after that first season. The other seasons were all eye candy and cheese - and isn't THAT a tasty buffet?

And the original BSG WAS a lot better than the spin-off (what was it, BSG 1980 or something silly like that?). I mean, getting to earth and it's the present day earth, so they run around on invisible flying motorcycles? Urgh!!! Only thing worse was the Star Wars Christmas Special!!!

Greg