Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Plans & Publications
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2012, 08:20 PM
Junior Rocketeer

Yes that's my Star Warrior. I just pulled it up from the basement and was looking it over to try and decide what other decals I would like to make for it now that winter is almost on us (here in Michigan) when I noticed that its missing some small pieces that I over looked when I originally built it (second half of step 15, step 17, and step 21). So I guess I'll add them as it's about due for a fresh paint job as well (the original silver paint I used is wearing and looks dull). Overall though it's a great flier on both C & D motors.
On a side note, I'm surprised that I haven't seen another one around anywhere. Mine seems to be the only one out there and all I can say to that is a lot of people are missing out on a great rocket and it's a shame AVI Astroport fell by the wayside.

Last edited by Rocketeer48 : 11-24-2012 at 01:32 PM.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:45 AM
Junior Rocketeer

I just got off the phone with Mike Bergenske who was the original founder and owner of AVI Astroprt to see if he had any of the old plans from the company. I spent over half an hour talking with him and he had some interesting stories to tell. Sadly to say he informed me that he no longer has anything left of the company, not even any records. All has been lost. He did inform me that the original run called for 5000 kits to be produced for the Star Warrior but that the actual run was closer to only 1000 being produced and has no idea who those kits were shipped to because of all records being lost. I wish I could have spent a little more time talking with him but he had an appointment and had to cut it short. He apparently is no longer involved in model rocketry as he asked me about how some of the present companies are doing and about today's Estes motors. A very interesting gentleman to talk with.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:28 PM
Master Modeler

Quest is having a big sale this weekend. According to their website, their parts are back in stock and on sale, including the "Metrix" tubes.
NAR #27085 - Oregon Rocketry - SAM