Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2013, 05:33 AM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrox
Fox News? There's the problem. Try BBC or DW
The problem is in reading, watching, and/or listening to *only* one media outlet, for only by sampling news and opinion from diverse viewpoints can one hope to gain an accurate picture of what is going on. Relying on only those news sources whose views echo one's own is not edifying. For example:

Michael Savage, the conservative national radio talk host, has frequently said that each day, his father read several newspapers with different viewpoints, and he does the same thing. He references stories from the New York Times, The Washington Times, the Washington Post, the San Francisco Chronicle, CNN, FOX, ABC, NBC, CBS, Breitbart.com, The Drudge Report, Debca File, the BBC, the Guardian, the London Daily Telegraph, AFP, Reuters, UPI, and Russia Today, among others.
http://www.lulu.com/product/cd/what...of-2%29/6126511
All of my book proceeds go to the Northcote Heavy Horse Centre www.northcotehorses.com.
NAR #54895 SR

Last edited by blackshire : 09-14-2013 at 05:38 AM. Reason: This ol' hoss done forgot somethin'.
Old 09-14-2013, 11:25 AM
Master: Dark Art of Model Rocketry

It's a good idea to have a few non-USA viewpoints as well. BBC, DW, Al Jezeera, NHK in addition to the local "USA #1" fodder.

Master of the Dark Art of Model Rocketry

www.shrox.com
Old 09-14-2013, 11:40 AM
BAR

Quote:
It's a good idea to have a few non-USA viewpoints as well. BBC, DW, Al Jezeera, NHK in addition to the local "USA #1" fodder.

Might disagree with some of your suggested sources there, but you are correct that it's a serious mistake to rely on US lamestream media alone as a source for information...

Later! OL JR
Old 09-14-2013, 04:17 PM
Junior Rocketeer

According to Washington DC police there was over a million bikers. Acutely the said 1 million 200 thousand but just for talking sakes I am saying over a million. Now lets talk about those not on bikes and supporting on lookers.

There was NO real incidents or problems reported. So I say it was very successful event and showed we have the right to voice our opinion as we should and even thaw it was cover real well by the media who need to know did. You have over a million people going to be hard to stop them no matter what they where to do but all did it the correct way. There is not a person that will ever convince me it was something bad and from the support I think most will saw it was a good thing.

Take a look at this picture particularly near the top of the over pass and this was BEFORE they got to DC. Supporters where most of the way all the time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  CF2A91DF2F93784D4E5BD75227FDA_h316_w628_m5_cqoICPUTM.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  42.6 KB  
Old 09-14-2013, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46u
According to Washington DC police there was over a million bikers. Acutely the said 1 million 200 thousand but just for talking sakes I am saying over a million. Now lets talk about those not on bikes and supporting on lookers.

There was NO real incidents or problems reported. So I say it was very successful event and showed we have the right to voice our opinion as we should and even thaw it was cover real well by the media who need to know did. You have over a million people going to be hard to stop them no matter what they where to do but all did it the correct way. There is not a person that will ever convince me it was something bad and from the support I think most will saw it was a good thing.

Take a look at this picture particularly near the top of the over pass and this was BEFORE they got to DC. Supporters where most of the way all the time.

I read about it many places, and saw it on TV as well, I don't get why you say it wasn't covered.

www.shrox.com
Old 09-14-2013, 05:01 PM
Junior Rocketeer

Quote:
I read about it many places, and saw it on TV as well, I don't get why you say it wasn't covered.

It was not any where covered as it should have been or anything else this big would have been. How many bikers did these places say???? Please tell me what stations or media and I will be able to look it up on the internet.
Thanks
Jeff
Old 09-14-2013, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46u
It was not any where covered as it should have been or anything else this big would have been. How many bikers did these places say???? Please tell me what stations or media and I will be able to look it up on the internet.
Thanks
Jeff

Look here: Link

www.shrox.com
Old 09-14-2013, 05:31 PM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:

It wasn't hyped. It was spread by word of mouth and social media for the most part. The million man march was hyped almost daily for months, but only 400,000 showed up and the media ignored that aspect of it. Other events have been treated similarly.
Old 09-14-2013, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
It wasn't hyped. It was spread by word of mouth and social media for the most part. The million man march was hyped almost daily for months, but only 400,000 showed up and the media ignored that aspect of it. Other events have been treated similarly.

If people know that the mainstream offers vanilla pablum, why be surprised when that's what is offered?

www.shrox.com
Old 09-14-2013, 06:39 PM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
If people know that the mainstream offers vanilla pablum, why be surprised when that's what is offered?

I'm just answering your question, nothing more and nothing less. Regardless of the other stuff said by any member here, including you and the OP, regardless of any political slant, regardless of any trivial coverage, my reply is fact.

You can do better than quoting me and making a statement that implies that I'm an uninformed idiot, considering I posted a very well informed answer to your question. I made no statement that even remotely indicates an inkling of surprise.