Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Plans & Publications
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2007, 01:31 PM
Arley's Spaced Out Rocketry

Default Information on the centuri Sky Devil!

I try to add clone kits to my collection for future builds. And I Know have the plans for the Centuri KB-10 Sky Devil, do any of you know how long the Body tube was, I know it is a 18MM tube and what nose cone did it use. Thanks!

Last edited by Arley Davis : 04-19-2007 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Misspeld
Old 04-19-2007, 01:47 PM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arley Davis
I try to add clone kits to my collection for future builds. And I now have the plans for the Centuri KB-10 Sky Devil, do any of you know how long the Body tube was, I know it is a 18MM tube and what nose cone did it use. Thanks!

I'd bet Buzz Nau or Carl McClawhorn may be able to answer that.
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 04-19-2007, 10:19 PM
Incorrigible Kit Basher

I have a beat-up Sky Devil in the attic. I may get it measured for you by the weekend, if nobody else answers first.
Once upon a better day... SAM #0076
My site: http://rocketry.gonnerman.org
Old 04-19-2007, 11:20 PM
Incurable SEMROC Fan

Thumbs up Centuri "Sky Devil" KB-10

Quote:
do any of you know how long the Body tube was, I know it is a 18MM tube and what nose cone did it use. Thanks!
Arley,

I had an original Sky Devil "back in the day," and the badly tattered "Spec Plate" that I now have lists the rocket's length as '12" +.' While I'm not entirely sure which nose cone was used (PNC-73, -74 or -76), the body tube was probably a 9" long ST-79 (Semroc ST-790).

The Aerobee-Hi fin shape protrudes past the end of the body tube 5/16" of an inch, so the nose cone *may* have been close to 3" long.

That's all I can extrapolate for sure.

Cheers,
Semroc SAM #0029
NAR 86131

"I think about organizing things all the time. Never seems to happen. I find something that piques my interest and I'm off on a quest. Or a Centuri. "

--Bill Eichelberger, 02/22/2022

“Centuri fret buzz in an updated form.”
Bill “Wallyum” Eichelberger re: Estes Flutter-By
03 Sept 2014
Old 04-19-2007, 11:23 PM
Incurable SEMROC Fan

Thumbs up Solo to the rescue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomoriah
I have a beat-up Sky Devil in the attic. I may get it measured for you by the weekend, if nobody else answers first.
Hey Solo,

You are apparently "The Man" who can determine which nose cone is correct. I made the following measurements earlier tonight:

PNC-73 -- 2 5/16" L

PNC-74 -- 3 7/16" L

PNC-76 -- 2 15/16" L

Cheers,
Semroc SAM #0029
NAR 86131

"I think about organizing things all the time. Never seems to happen. I find something that piques my interest and I'm off on a quest. Or a Centuri. "

--Bill Eichelberger, 02/22/2022

“Centuri fret buzz in an updated form.”
Bill “Wallyum” Eichelberger re: Estes Flutter-By
03 Sept 2014
Old 04-20-2007, 08:30 AM

Will maybe with luck Solomoriah can get the length of tubing as will as the length of the nose cone and once we know that thanks to CenturiGuy we will know the nose cone to use. Also if it’s not too much trouble was the fin stock 3/32” thick, I’m pretty sure it was.

And once we all know the parts used maybe Scott can boost a parts list with the Centuri Rocket so everyone even the individuals that do not use the forum and see this Thread can build a clone of the Sky Devil.

The Launch Lug was either, LL-2 at 2.25"L or LL-1 at 1.75"L so you can use the Estes LL2B at 21/4”.

And the Body tube is 18MM so you can use the BT-20 Tube, once the length is known.

The only other parts are the nose cone, 18MM-thrust ring, balsa fin stock, and shock cord with parachute.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:52 AM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Quote:
Will maybe with luck Solomoriah can get the length of tubing as will as the length of the nose cone and once we know that thanks to CenturiGuy we will know the nose cone to use. Also if it’s not too much trouble was the fin stock 3/32” thick, I’m pretty sure it was.

And once we all know the parts used maybe Scott can boost a parts list with the Centuri Rocket so everyone even the individuals that do not use the forum and see this Thread can build a clone of the Sky Devil.

The Launch Lug was either, LL-2 at 2.25"L or LL-1 at 1.75"L so you can use the Estes LL2B at 21/4”.

And the Body tube is 18MM so you can use the BT-20 Tube, once the length is known.

The only other parts are the nose cone, 18MM-thrust ring, balsa fin stock, and shock cord with parachute.

No need to use "Estes" part sizes now that Semroc offers a wide-range of Centuri replacement parts. I will update the Sky Devil plans with dimensions when I get them.
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 04-20-2007, 09:22 AM
Administrator

I still have an original built on the shelf. The nose cone is the same as the Vector V's. I'll measure the tube tonight.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:41 AM
Incorrigible Kit Basher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle3
I still have an original built on the shelf. The nose cone is the same as the Vector V's. I'll measure the tube tonight.

Good, that saves me a trip to the attic. The fins were 3/32", I think... dang thin anyway. One of mine broke while on display at the State Fair (I built it when I was in 4-H).
Once upon a better day... SAM #0076
My site: http://rocketry.gonnerman.org
Old 04-20-2007, 10:52 AM

The Nose Cone then would be the Centuri PNC-76. The only reason I used the Estes tubing is because I have a lot of that on hand, the tubing would be ST-7.