Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > Forum Information, Rules, Etc
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Do you like the old way or "new" way of viewing images?
Yes, I like the images opening in a new window. 19 63.33%
No, I prefer to have the image open in the same window. 2 6.67%
I don't give a rodents buttocks! 9 30.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-11-2007, 09:13 AM
Launching since 1970.

I would have corrected him, since he did not understand the correct expression. The correct expression is NOT "I don't give a rat's @$$". Think about it. The expression is supposed to convey that your level of caring is extremely miniscule. The correct expression is: "I don't give two $#!+s in a rat's @$$". Those two small pellets are the level of caring - very, very small.

http://www.wsu.edu:8080/~brians/errors/care.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout
Back in the early 80's when I was going to MSOE, an Iraqi who didn't have a strong grasp of the English language was upset with one of the professors for a grade he got. As he was yelling at the prof one of the things he said was, "I don't give a rodents buttocks." Either he didn't like to swear, or, he didn't know how to say, "I don't give a rats ass." It was hilarious hearing him say that with his accent and all. You had to be there.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:53 PM
Incurable SEMROC Fan

Exclamation Droning on in one unbroken sentence...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRThro
Jay, then you and I must have something set differently in our Firefoxes,
Yes, well, you know how it's always *something* different with me, so this is *apparently* no exception.

Quote:
because now attachments open in a new tab, whereas before they opened in the current tab, replacing the current thread until I hit the back arrow to return to reading the thread,
And I can't begin to tell you *where* the setting variance is, other than "it's in there *somewhere.*

Quote:
and yes, I am deliberately running this sentence on and on.
Unfortunately you were *much* more awake than I am just now, because otherwise I could probably drone on and on like Michael McDonald impersonating John Kerry on MAD TV: "I'm a war hero, and I did terrible things in the war, because I was in the war, and I'm a war hero, but I wasn't proud of the things that I did... in the war..."

(BTW, John Kerry still owes me five hours of my life, since I wasted that time waiting for him to show up well *after* he said he was going to be there... )

Cheers,
Semroc SAM #0029
NAR 86131

"I think about organizing things all the time. Never seems to happen. I find something that piques my interest and I'm off on a quest. Or a Centuri. "

--Bill Eichelberger, 02/22/2022

“Centuri fret buzz in an updated form.”
Bill “Wallyum” Eichelberger re: Estes Flutter-By
03 Sept 2014
Old 07-12-2007, 12:19 AM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenturiGuy
(BTW, John Kerry still owes me five hours of my life, since I wasted that time waiting for him to show up well *after* he said he was going to be there... )

Yeah, but look where it got him.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Gee'Hod, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Snake Jumper
Old 07-13-2007, 07:31 PM
The_Ripper

Default I don't give a rodents buttocks!

I have been using Mozilla Firefox for a good while now so I don't really remember surfing without a tabbed browsing option.

My Firefox install by default has the option "new pages should be opened in a new tab" checked but you can also choose to "open in a new window".

I really like being able to just click the close tab "x" to return to the previous window. It's the only way to surf ......

(but really, I don't give a rodents buttocks!)

SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Paint & Detail: USR Banshee
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate
🚀 In Repair: SLS Lil’ Hustler, SLS Aero-Dart 1969 Trim
🚀 Stay Tuned For Fall 2021 Launch Dates