Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Swap Shoppe > For Sale
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2008, 06:04 PM
Junior Rocketeer

Smile NOOB with unneeded stuff

Hey folks- Mods, if this doesnt belong, LMK.

I have a couple of boxes of old OOP stuff, including tons of building supplies (mostly tubes) and engines.

I have seen I cant ebay engines, nor do I know if they are any good. I have at least 150 different engines, that were from the 70-80s, and lots of ignitor packs too.

Are these worth selling? What about the shipping of engines?

thanx,
matt
Old 05-10-2008, 06:15 PM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Quote:
Originally Posted by minibowmatt
Hey folks- Mods, if this doesnt belong, LMK.

I have a couple of boxes of old OOP stuff, including tons of building supplies (mostly tubes) and engines.

I have seen I cant ebay engines, nor do I know if they are any good. I have at least 150 different engines, that were from the 70-80s, and lots of ignitor packs too.

Are these worth selling? What about the shipping of engines?

No problem with posting this here, it's where it belongs.

Why not put together a list of what you have available for sale? This is the place to sell OOP kits, parts and engines.

As for shipping engines, you'll hear people making arguments from both sides. Personally, I ship them via parcel post with nary a problem. Many other people here do the same thing.
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 05-10-2008, 06:33 PM
Junior Rocketeer

I dont have a list, nor am I sure what I am selling. I just got done taking pics of everything. I need to sell it off to make some cash for my Reefkeeping hobby.
I would rather unload it here, then all of it on ebay...

here is a link to my photobucket album where my pics are, I have a fe other things not shown,. I will put a list together tomorrow...

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y1...tt/Ebay%20Pics/
Thanx
Old 05-10-2008, 08:04 PM
BP Mafia

Wow.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Gee'Hod, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Snake Jumper
Old 05-10-2008, 09:26 PM
rocket dinosaur

minibowmatt:

may I suggest that yuou catalog/index what you have. Especially when it comes to the motors.

It would give everybody a much better idea of what you have.
thanks

terry dean
Old 05-10-2008, 09:37 PM
rocket dinosaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout
As for shipping engines, you'll hear people making arguments from both sides. Personally, I ship them via parcel post with nary a problem. Many other people here do the same thing.

Scott: I'm not going to argue with you about shipping the engines, but I wil say this.

If you want to ship EStes model rocket motors in the mail, do it the right wat as was told to me recntly by Estes mangament.

I want to STRESS that this only applies to Estes model rocket motors. Aerotech and Quest and have both told me specifically within the past few days that individuals may not ship their engines via the USPS, only there delaers can. It also does not apply to motors that are OOP from manufacturers that do not no longer exist.

On the other hand estes told me that individuals can ship their motors from one individual to another if the l;abeling, marking and packagaing is done correctly to USPS requirements.

with that said I am attaching here what Estes send to me.

The label obviously goes on the outside of the fiberboard box. You should use a 1.4G box.

The bottom is the shipping papers which must be in tripicate inside an attached shipping paper plastic slip attached to the outside of the box.

See appendiz A1 in Publication for additional shipping container requirements

terry dean
Attached Files
File Type: doc ShpgPpr-USPS.doc (32.0 KB, 115 views)
Old 05-10-2008, 09:40 PM
Craftsman

Uh, yeah. I would catalog what you have when it comes to the kits and the engines. I know there are a few here that would throw you some offers

The kits could defintiely go on eBay, individualy or as lots... The tubes and stuff also... The engines can not and you will get some "feedback" as to the legality of mailing them but as long as you put ground only on the package there should not be an issue from what I have gathered from others. Perhaps I missed it but where abouts are you if someone were interested in "pick-up"? (Just saw you are in Philly, heh answered that one.)

You have a very nice assortment that should bring a fair amount of money your way. I know I would be interested in the kits, probably not the engines...
NAR #93503
MASA section 576
SAM #0316
Old 05-10-2008, 10:24 PM
Born Again Rocketeer.....Again!!!

I would definitely be interested in the old kits and tubes. I look forward to seeing a full list and what kind of prices you are asking.

Thanks for the opportunity!
Old 05-10-2008, 10:30 PM
Master Modeler

That 1/2A6-4 would really make my day. I can't wait to see the list of all you have. I hope you will break up the lot.
Old 05-10-2008, 10:59 PM
7/21/61

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwaveriderz

... as was told to me recently by Estes mangament.

Terry,

Thanks for posting this. Seems like Estes should have a fairly good idea of what's required to mail the product they produce.

As for others, the recent shipment I received with Medalist motors from Apogee came in just the type of box Estes mentioned (with nothing inside except the motors and some packing paper) and the exact label shown on the outside of the box.