PDA

View Full Version : Question

tilbarr
04-14-2005, 12:25 PM
Just found this site while looking for pictures of a rocket I always wanted as a kid, but couldent rember the name of it and and couldent find a picture. Found this site and the model rocket at the top of sight on banner right side is the one im looking for anyone rember the name and know of anywhere i can find the plans? :p

ShieldWolf
04-14-2005, 12:34 PM
http://www.dars.org/jimz/k-50.htm

This what you're looking for?

Randal

tilbarr
04-14-2005, 12:35 PM
No the other one . on the right side. Thanks for the link though :)

CPMcGraw
04-14-2005, 12:44 PM

That's the Centuri Space Shuttle, kit #KC-6. The link should be:

http://www.dars.org/jimz/kc-6.htm

Craig

tilbarr
04-14-2005, 12:50 PM
THATS IT!!!!! Thanks alot CPMcGraw, evertime I looked for it I was comming up with the Estes space shuttle. Now I just got to figure out how to print it. Tried and all I get is blank pages when I try to print from the site. But thanks again!!

CPMcGraw
04-14-2005, 01:44 PM
THATS IT!!!!! Thanks alot CPMcGraw, evertime I looked for it I was comming up with the Estes space shuttle. Now I just got to figure out how to print it. Tried and all I get is blank pages when I try to print from the site. But thanks again!!

Don't try to print directly from the web page. Download the PDF version, it contains all of the sheets in the set including the decals. Use your Adobe Acrobat Reader to send the pages to the printer. :cool:

Besides, it's always nice to have a personal copy on your computer... :p

Craig

ShieldWolf
04-14-2005, 02:14 PM
Ohhhh... the OTHER right. :o

Randal

CPMcGraw
04-14-2005, 02:18 PM
One additional note...

If you don't already know about SEMROC, this is a good reason to check them out. SEMROC carries all of the primary components you need to build this model.

The Shuttle cone is BC-1327 (Bezier curve), and the Booster cone is BC-1625P (Bezier curve).

Craig

tilbarr
04-14-2005, 04:32 PM
Guess I'm off to SEMROC, :D Now that I found it got to have it. Thanks alot guys, my wife is gana freeek another hoby. Between the rc cars boats and planes around the house rockets are back. (Need to dig out that launcher I have somewhere)....... :rolleyes:

dwmzmm
04-14-2005, 05:05 PM
Hate to make you guys "hate" me, but I have that Centuri kit "still in the bag" (but opened)
in my workshop right now. I also have the Centuri SST Shuttle (assembled way back in
1970) that was recently found at my Mom's house (attic) in Louisiana (along with some
other neat finds). The SST needs a little refurbishing and work, and I hope to have it up and
ready to fly by this coming Sunday at the Challenger 498 club launch at Rushing Park, Katy,
TX. Should be able to take some pics and post them here and on the general web...

Dave, NAR # 21853 SR., Team # 040

p.s. To John Thro, you sure you're gonna miss this Sunday's launch?! <g>

tilbarr
04-15-2005, 05:24 AM
I’m Jealous JWMZMM, I once bought one at a yard sale only to get home and find it was 2 Big Berthas. And then lost the paper insert with the name of the rocket on it. Then found this sight and Happy Now :p .But for $2 it ended up worth it. Found a old copy of Estes News with an article to make the Bertha into a glider booster and made 2 with the original glider plans in the article and one that was slightly modified with a folding propeller worked great until the 5th launch and the propeller carried the plane out of sight. So made a new one and its still going strong. :cool:

gpoehlein
04-15-2005, 10:19 PM
Welcome back to the hobby, Tilbarr! I'd been away from it for about 30 years, (last flew in high school - 73/74), but these rocket sites are some of the friendliest online communities I've ever found. One caveat, tho - you better plan to post pics of anything you build - this is a hungry bunch! ;)

Greg

moonzero2
09-11-2005, 05:12 PM
Found a old copy of Estes News with an article to make the Bertha into a glider booster and made 2 with the original glider plans in the article and one that was slightly modified with a folding propeller worked great until the 5th launch and the propeller carried the plane out of sight. So made a new one and its still going strong. :cool:

Wow! What issue of Estes News had the plans for glider plans for a Bertha?
Bob

barone
09-11-2005, 09:08 PM
Wow! What issue of Estes News had the plans for glider plans for a Bertha?
Bob

Sounds like you need to post more than just pictures....... :)

Don
NAR 53455

Eagle3
09-12-2005, 07:44 AM
Guess I'm off to SEMROC, :D Now that I found it got to have it. Thanks alot guys, my wife is gana freeek another hoby. Between the rc cars boats and planes around the house rockets are back. (Need to dig out that launcher I have somewhere)....... :rolleyes:

Just a cautionary note. The Centuri Space Shuttle is very finicky due to the mothership elevon design. I flew mine twice... first flight was picture perfect... in fact, it's the picture you're looking at on the banner. Both gliders flew well and landed within 5' of each other :). The second flight was was a split S right into the ground. Damage was slight, but now it's purely a display model. One of our HUVARS members power pranged one last year. I got a pretty cool photo of it. :D
http://www.cv41.org/personal/gallery/mis_10-9-04/PA090161

Green Dragon
09-13-2005, 09:51 PM
Just a cautionary note. The Centuri Space Shuttle is very finicky due to the mothership elevon design. I flew mine twice... first flight was picture perfect... in fact, it's the picture you're looking at on the banner. Both gliders flew well and landed within 5' of each other :). The second flight was was a split S right into the ground. Damage was slight, but now it's purely a display model. One of our HUVARS members power pranged one last year. I got a pretty cool photo of it. :D
http://www.cv41.org/personal/gallery/mis_10-9-04/PA090161

looking through the pics in the album there and noted specifically, the one witht he Laser X and " thoy tavia' .

info / plans on the Thoy kit ?

is Thoy still around, I always thought they only made mid / low HPR stuff ?

~ AL

Eagle3
09-13-2005, 10:38 PM
Rich Rau sold THOY to Rocket R&D shortly after I stopped working with for him part time back in 1993. In addition to helping put out the mid/high power kits, Rich asked me to design several 18mm engine kits based roughly on what he was using for 24mm motor tubes. I came up with eight kits. The two beginner type kits and two multi-stage kits were produced and sold in some outlets. Before the others were produced Rich sold THOY and Rocket R&D was not interested in the 18mm line. They sold what parts were left to someone. I talked to him once and he thought at first he'd be able to sell the kits, but there wasn't enough parts to do that and he would have had to rewrite all the plans without "THOY" on them. Something he was not interested in doing. I have converted some of the plans to rocksim and they're here on the forum somewhere. I suppose I should finish up the rest and put them on my site. Sounds like a Winter project to me though.

Tavia, was one of the kits that wasn't produced. There was also a scale model, parasite BG for mid-powered THOY kits like the Condor, and my personal favorite, a rear engine BG. I flew the prototype at NARAM 34 and I remember Bunny really liking it. I've got one launch photo of it Here. (http://www.cv41.org/personal/gallery/picnic/Buzz_s_USS_Intrepid)

Working for Rich at THOY was a blast. I'll talk more about it tomorrow though. Gotta run.

Eagle3
09-13-2005, 10:41 PM
Oh I almost forgot... sadly THOY went away when Rocket R&D shut down. I have no idea what happneded there or who owns the rights to the THOY and R R&D lines.

Green Dragon
09-14-2005, 08:24 AM
Oh I almost forgot... sadly THOY went away when Rocket R&D shut down. I have no idea what happneded there or who owns the rights to the THOY and R R&D lines.

And Cluster R ( who was also bought by Rocket R & D .

nice 'glass 5.54 and 7.67 cones, too - using my glass 7.67 Cluster R cone for my 7.67 GOBLIN upscale . pretty close to correct.

would love to see plans for the smaller Thoy kits, will check what is posted, but especially interested in the tavia at this point.

and waiting for the stories :-)

~ AL

( goes off trying to find a way to make this arrow icon point UP , hmmmm..... )

Leo
09-14-2005, 01:59 PM
Hate to make you guys "hate" me, but I have that Centuri kit "still in the bag" (but opened)
in my workshop right now. I also have the Centuri SST Shuttle (assembled way back in
1970) that was recently found at my Mom's house (attic) in Louisiana (along with some
other neat finds). The SST needs a little refurbishing and work, and I hope to have it up and
ready to fly by this coming Sunday at the Challenger 498 club launch at Rushing Park, Katy,
TX. Should be able to take some pics and post them here and on the general web...

Dave, NAR # 21853 SR., Team # 040

p.s. To John Thro, you sure you're gonna miss this Sunday's launch?! <g>

I don't hate you :)

I've got one too :D

Space Shuttle, SST Shuttle, ... (http://www.leo.nutz.de/Rockets.php?Rockets=Centuri%20Engineering%20Company)