PDA

View Full Version : EXCELSIOR ROCKETRY Urgent Announcement

Phred
07-31-2006, 05:41 PM
URGENT ANNOUNCEMENT:

This morning, our decal printer crashed. We are in the process of obtaining a replacement. Our best guess is that it will take 2-3 weeks to obtain a new printer, but that is not set in stone either way. During this time, you can still place an order, but we will be unable to ship. Feel free to contact us with questions:

excelsiorcustomdecals-questions@yahoo.com

Despite the looming end of ALPS ink supplies in March 2007, we are dedicated to getting up and running with a replacement printer as soon as possble. We have hundreds of dollars of decal paper and ink all ready to print...

Thanks for all of your support!!

Phred

barone
07-31-2006, 05:47 PM
And I just ordered all them decals last night :(

Don
NAR 53455

Ltvscout
07-31-2006, 06:09 PM
And I just ordered all them decals last night :(

Don
NAR 53455
Oh, so YOUR order broke his printer this morning!

:D

Ltvscout
07-31-2006, 06:12 PM
Despite the looming end of ALPS ink supplies in March 2007, we are dedicated to getting up and running with a replacement printer as soon as possble. We have hundreds of dollars of decal paper and ink all ready to print...
Fred,

Hasn't anyone come up with another solution yet for printing quality decals at home? If not, that market will disappear in a few years. The ink cartridges will last a few years beyond printed shelf-life if stored well, but sooner or later there won't be any ink left for these things.

Phred
07-31-2006, 07:03 PM
At this point, no. There is talk of OKIDATA ink (An ALPS clone) being available for the next 5 years, but no one is sure yet, and there are no US suppliers at this time.

There is also talk here and there about other printers in development that will print white, but none that meet the decal printer's needs have appeared so far. The biggest problem is that the market is very small. After all, how many people need a printer that prints with water proof inks with the option to print in white? YOu would need to sell thousands a year , year after year in order to get a major manufacturer interested. I know that some have tried and failed.

Phred

Phred
08-10-2006, 08:33 AM
UPDATE: PD Rocketry ( http://pdrocketry.com/ ) has sent us a loaner printer, so we are up and running! Thanks to all for their support! We especially appreciate those who placed orders while we were ion the midst of our printer problems. Your confidence in Excelsior Rocketry is heartening.

INK update: My sources tell me that OKI ink will be available even after ALPS ink dries up (yuk, yuk) in March 2007. The OKI ink is made by the same company, and is only available in Europe now, but should be imported by 2007. Finally, I do know that at least 1 aftermarket ink supplier is seriously researching the production of ALPS compatible cartridges.

Thanks to all for your support!!

Phred

Green Dragon
08-10-2006, 12:24 PM
Phred,

Great to hear.

Will send an order in shortly ( hope you're not too far behind ;) ).

~ AL

PS - are you going to the ASTRE "Whitcavitch 20" launch next weekend ?

or Mark ? , might try to run up to that one, and fly a few oldies / mid-power.

Would be good to see / meet you guys in person, and the rest of the ASTRE group ( haven't seen Jeff since NARAM Geneseo, etc ) .

Phred
08-10-2006, 01:48 PM
Hi Al,

We are all caught up with the exception of two semi custom orders.

I am planning on attending Whitcavitch 20, but my wife is attempting to dissuade me...
Mark will be there, I spoke with him last night.

It would be great to see you as well!!

Ph

Green Dragon
08-11-2006, 07:41 AM
Hi Al,

We are all caught up with the exception of two semi custom orders.

I am planning on attending Whitcavitch 20, but my wife is attempting to dissuade me...
Mark will be there, I spoke with him last night.

It would be great to see you as well!!

Ph

Sounds like you were busy, good to hear you're back online as I'll be needing a few for 'winter projects' , lol .

Will keep in touch on the launch, would be great to catch up with you guys, fly a few, maybe pick up some decals ;) - ( my own wife is semi-enthused about my going, lol... more a logistical problem - ie: too much to do,etc - she'll cave in, lol - might not know until mid-week, so will drop you a line off-list to check up,etc.

~ AL