PDA

View Full Version : Any Thanksgiving leftover ideas?

sandman
11-29-2013, 01:26 PM
My favorite is to fire up my waffle iron.

Fill the waffle iron with left over dressing and toast until golden brown and delicious.

Top with left over gravy, bits of turkey and some cranberry "stuff" on the side.

No mash potatoes...my wife keeps those for herself and won't share.

dlazarus6660
11-29-2013, 04:32 PM
Two words!

Pot Pie! Love the stuff.
Need a recipe?
It's really simple.

ghrocketman
11-29-2013, 06:04 PM
ROT Pie ??? Noooooooooooooooo !

Brent
11-29-2013, 08:05 PM
Cream turkey over biscuits :)

BEC
11-29-2013, 08:49 PM
Green chile turkey enchiladas. Happy now :)

astronot
11-29-2013, 10:25 PM
What about a good old fashion warm Turkey sandwich made with Helmans Real Mayonnaise? Yum!

David

A Fish Named Wallyum
11-29-2013, 11:22 PM
ROT Pie ??? Noooooooooooooooo !
I agree. Like a giant crusty bug full of pus.

A Fish Named Wallyum
11-29-2013, 11:23 PM
What about a good old fashion warm Turkey sandwich made with Helmans Real Mayonnaise? Yum!

David
This. :cool:

stefanj
11-30-2013, 12:16 AM
I made up four plates of leftovers and froze them. Complete dinners I can enjoy whenever I get a longing for Thanksgiving goodies.

I will need to make mashed potatoes for each. Instant flakes are better than nothing.

bernomatic
11-30-2013, 10:32 AM
I agree. Like a giant crusty bug full of pus.

Yummy pot pies

All warm (and I hope not fuzzy), can't be beat. Like a whole Thanksgiving meal wrapped up in a small bundle of love. AND to add to the enjoyment, you can flop them over onto your plate and play volcano! :) :) :) A meal and entertainment for such a low cost, can't be beat.

The only people I've met in the past who have a problem with them are the foppish dandies who can't let the peas touch the potatoes or the gravy. :D

gpoehlein
11-30-2013, 05:37 PM
Cream turkey over biscuits :)

Or over toast, with a slice of swiss cheese on top of the toast and the cream turkey on top of the cheese. And, 'cause you can't ever have too much cheese, sprinkle parm cheese on top at end!

ghrocketman
11-30-2013, 08:06 PM
puree it a ll together and freeze in bowling-ball shaped mold. Fire from bowling-ball cannon.

stefanj
11-30-2013, 10:21 PM
I have to vent and rant.

Yesterday, while dropping a sack of dog poo in a dumpster, I saw one of those one-use aluminum pans you roast a turkey in. The turkey carcass inside had the legs and breasts removed, but was otherwise intact. There was a couple of pounds of good meat, light and dark, on it.

If my mother or aunts had cooked that turkey, the big pieces would get turned into sandwiches. The smaller bits into a casserole. The leftovers would get boiled down into a gallon of stock for soup.

What a freaking waste.