PDA

View Full Version : SAM

Carl@Semroc
12-12-2010, 08:50 PM
We are announcing a new club today called SAM (Semroc Astronautic Modelers) that will partially supplant the SVDT. The details are on our website. Just as you can see the "invisible" SVDT forum, SAM members will be able to see the "invisible" SAM forum.

It will have a 10% discount (20%) if NAR membership is also current, just as the SVDT has been. Some of the confidential info will not be public on the SAM forum as it is here. We will probably keep the SVDT for mor private info just as we have been using it for.

If you are still active on the SVDT forum, please post here in the next few days so we can clean up the active members list.

SEL
12-12-2010, 09:18 PM
We are announcing a new club today called SAM (Semroc Astronautic Modelers) that will partially supplant the SVDT. The details are on our website. Just as you can see the "invisible" SVDT forum, SAM members will be able to see the "invisible" SAM forum.

It will have a 10% discount (20%) if NAR membership is also current, just as the SVDT has been. Some of the confidential info will not be public on the SAM forum as it is here. We will probably keep the SVDT for mor private info just as we have been using it for.

If you are still active on the SVDT forum, please post here in the next few days so we can clean up the active members list.

Hey Carl,

I'm not as vocal as some, but I check in 5 or 6 times a week. The Good news is after almost 2 years of unemployment, I started working again back in August (WWW.Insitu.com (http://www.Insitu.com)). The bad news is my spare time is cut to next to nothing. For now I'll take the bad news - it sure as heck beats the alternative. I have been keeping track of the new releases: The Trident, Scrambler and a couple or 3 of the Ready To Build kits are on my New Years resolution list. You'll be hearing from me soon after Christmas.

S.

Royatl
12-12-2010, 09:18 PM
I'm still here and listening. I'm just buried in unbuilt kits and a pile of parts.

Carl@Semroc
12-12-2010, 09:31 PM
....The bad news is my spare time is cut to next to nothing.
Your bad news is indeed good news!

Thanks for the feedback.

SEL
12-12-2010, 09:39 PM
Your bad news is indeed good news!

Thanks for the feedback.

Yeah, and it's not a bad place to work either. If you've seen the latest Boeing commercial on TV, you've seen the UAV's we make.

S.

John Brohm
12-12-2010, 10:11 PM

Hi Carl;

Is there any other action that needs to be taken to finalize the SAM membership, or are our names transferred automatically?

harsas
12-12-2010, 10:15 PM
Carl,

I am also not overly vocal, but I am here daily to see what is going on.

Harold Sasloe

Tau Zero
12-12-2010, 10:18 PM
So, are you telling me that,

"SAM, I am?" :eek: ;) :D

And a SAM discount is 10%, in contrast to the SVDT 20%? (Unless I re-up my NAR membership, which makes the total SAM/NAR discount 20%?)

As always, I just need a little additional clarification. :rolleyes:

Thanks and cheers,

Carl@Semroc
12-12-2010, 10:45 PM
You do have to log in to your account and check the SAM enrollment box.

I think I set all SVDT members as a free first year, regardless of whether $100 was made in purchases.

The discount is the same as the original intent of 10% for NAR and 10% for SVDT since most SVDT were also NAR members we set it at 20% to cover both.

Tau Zero
12-12-2010, 11:02 PM
You do have to log in to your account and check the SAM enrollment box.

I think I set all SVDT members as a free first year, regardless of whether $100 was made in purchases.(chuckling) I think I set my personal record of more than $300 this year. ;) :D

Thanks, as always!

Cheers,

Mark II
12-13-2010, 12:42 AM
Mark II, present and accounted for...Sir! I'm here; I'm always here. ;)

And I am in exactly the same boat as Roy. I won't let anyone near the back rooms of my house for fear that I'll end up on an episode of "Buried Alive." :rolleyes: The only thing I can do is build my way out of it. Darn the luck!

Two years into unemployment, with no end in sight, unfortunately.

Mark II
12-13-2010, 12:51 AM
So, are you telling me that,

"SAM, I am?" :eek: ;) :D

"Captain!" cried the first mate, "It looks like Siam!"

http://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/t/twain/mark/innocents/images/p049.jpg

wilsotr
12-13-2010, 08:04 AM
Still here ... time-crunched though, so mostly just listening. :)

EchoVictor
12-13-2010, 08:08 AM
Still here as well Carl.

Sent you a couple PMs a few weeks back. Please check 'em out.

Thanks,
EV

Ltvscout
12-13-2010, 09:26 AM
I'm still here. ;)

Chas Russell
12-13-2010, 10:42 AM
Reporting for duty...as always. I had forgotten about the 10% for the SVDT, but then there are times I have been reluctant to take the NAR discount. SEMROC does so much for us, it seems almost like "hurting" you to take all of the discounts. So now we have your annual Christmas present.
I, too, have too many kits, but....

Thanks Carl and SEMROC!

Chas

Pyro Pro
12-13-2010, 01:10 PM
Still here.

Shucks, I'm at $99.62 for the past year!

johnnwwa
12-13-2010, 01:23 PM
Still here. I check in every day. FYI also as of 5/31/10 NAR member #91135

John Ludwid

CPMcGraw
12-13-2010, 04:58 PM
I'm still hanging around...

Feet dangling...

Noose getting tighter...

For the last few weeks felt like dog droppings, though. Some bug going around down here, probably picked it up from a shopping cart handle...

chanstevens
12-13-2010, 05:44 PM
Still here, still building a poopload of Semroc products. Right around the time I started working on a replacement to my worn out/retired Mars Lander, out come the new releases.

If it's any consolation, Jay, I think my tab this year is a bit worse than yours :o .

Now that the instant-delivery time warp device has been deployed for a few years, maybe it's time we asked the Semroc Team to start working on nanotechnology, so that we can pack all those kits (and built models) into smaller and smaller spaces. I can't afford a new house--the bank won't accept rockets as collateral :D .

Chas Russell
12-13-2010, 09:07 PM
Well, no wonder you haven't ordered much...You are at the wrong school!... My new son-in-law's dad went to UM on a rugby scholarship and eight years later did not graduate. My favorite daughter's mother and I attended The Ohio State University. I have to guess that you went for engineering and not football. Ohio State does well in both. I have to agree that UM has a couple of good schools...I am a Big Ten fan living in Big 12 and Mountain State territory.
I was at the Ohio State-Michigan game last month....

Chas

snaquin
12-13-2010, 09:31 PM
Still here Carl :)

I need to check back in at SEMROC. I had saved a cart there sometime back and have a note around here with some parts I've been meaning to order for a scratch build I've had in the works, and to order replacement parts that I robbed from a SEMROC SLS kit a while back to make a rocket repair ....

This hasn't been a very active building or flying year for me due to a new job that I started beginning of March that has consumed many week nights and weekends but hoping to get started back up here again soon. Shame on me if I don't get that order in for a Scrambler soon!

Thanks!

Doug Sams
12-14-2010, 09:34 AM
I'm still here, but moving kinda slow (like Uncle Joe). NAR #78206.

Doug

DeanHFox
12-14-2010, 10:35 AM
If you are still active on the SVDT forum, please post here in the next few days so we can clean up the active members list.Present and accounted for, sir. Building this year has taken a bit of a backseat as I repair all the damage from the July flood here in Milwaukee, which got into my basement workshop but luckily didn't damage any of my kits, which are all "off the floor" (having learned my lesson --- brutally! --- from a flood in a previous house that destroyed a bunch of my "waiting to be built" stash).

Looking forward to the next round of releases from the SEMROC team! :)

ghrocketman
12-14-2010, 12:08 PM
I'm here , Carl.

Initiator001
12-14-2010, 12:18 PM

Still here, Carl.

I'm finishing a Mini-Explorer RTB model right now and getting ready to place another order. ;) :D

Bob

Gus
12-14-2010, 04:11 PM
Still here and always happy to hear from you, Carl. Less sport flying this year due to FAI flying. Last order was for some test cones for altitude flights. Hope all is well with you.

Steve (& Emma)

foose4string
12-14-2010, 07:25 PM
I'm still here. Not as active as I once was, but once a rocketeer, always a rocketeer! I think I'll order a Scrambler with my Christmas discount. Thanks for continuing with that, and have a great Christmas!

Tau Zero
12-14-2010, 08:59 PM
Still here, still building a poopload of Semroc products. Right around the time I started working on a replacement to my worn out/retired Mars Lander, out come the new releases.

If it's any consolation, Jay, I think my tab this year is a bit worse than yours :o .Thanks for making a small dent in my Semroc parts bin this year. ;) :D :cool:
So yeah, I probably helped you with that, at least indirectly. :rolleyes:

Sorry I was too swamped with Real Life to answer your question about painting sometime this fall. :o

Cheers,

Bob H
12-14-2010, 10:53 PM
I'm still here as well although I don't take the SVDT discount when ordering. I would feel guilty because I don't think I have contributed enough to warrant taking it.

I do take the NAR discount for which I'm grateful. Semroc is a great supporter of our hobby.

billspad
12-15-2010, 06:06 AM
Here.

ed.brown
12-15-2010, 01:21 PM
Also Here.
Ed

mperdue
12-15-2010, 02:41 PM
I'm also here.

Ltvscout
12-16-2010, 07:42 AM
Also Here.
Ed
Ed makes his first post. ;) Don't be bashful. We'd like to hear some stories about the olden days making engines at Estes.

sandman
12-16-2010, 07:47 AM
Me too Still a member.

Earl
12-19-2010, 12:30 AM
Carl-

This may not be the 'best' place to ask this question, but I was over on the Semroc site to verify my SAM membership (was notified I was 'in' due to purchase volume for the year), but did not see any 'verification' there under my account that I was a SAM member (did not know what to look for, actually).

Also, not sure how to 'activate' discounts for two separate discount codes at the same time, in this case as a NAR member and a SAM member. Started to submit an order, but could only get the order process dialog box to take one code at the time: either NAR or SAM, but not both.

Also, did not see what my Christmas special balance would be on check out either. Am I doing something wrong? It's no biggie on these items, as I'm not sure I'd really take the discounts to be honest, but did want to verify for sure the SAM membership.

Just wondering,

Earl

Carl@Semroc
12-19-2010, 01:08 AM
The Christmas discount cannot be used with any other discount. For the time being narsam or samnar can be used.

chanstevens
12-19-2010, 09:41 PM
The Christmas discount cannot be used with any other discount. For the time being narsam or samnar can be used.

I thought your intent on SAM, as with SVDT, was that the discounts weren't "stackable", meaning could not be combined?

A Fish Named Wallyum
12-20-2010, 12:59 AM
Believe it or not, I'm still here. Just haven't given the hobby a lot of thought since "THE DEBACLE". :mad:

James Pierson
12-20-2010, 07:39 PM
I 'm still here... sometimes. Besides, just because I'm single again does not mean you can get ride of me that easy!! ;)

James Pierson
NAR# 77907