Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Kit Collecting (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   September 15, 1978 all over again (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=1718)

A Fish Named Wallyum 05-07-2007 12:10 AM

September 15, 1978 all over again
 
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...25415&rd=1&rd=1
This was my 16th birthday present way back in the day. I've still got the rocket, now disassembled, and the Big Foot pad, crushed during the move, but seeing it all together in the box again will be a real rush. My original remains unflown and I don't know that I ever launched from my Big Foot pad. Not sure why I was the only bidder on this. Seemed like a pretty cool set if just for the launcher.

barone 05-07-2007 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...25415&rd=1&rd=1
This was my 16th birthday present way back in the day. I've still got the rocket, now disassembled, and the Big Foot pad, crushed during the move, but seeing it all together in the box again will be a real rush. My original remains unflown and I don't know that I ever launched from my Big Foot pad. Not sure why I was the only bidder on this. Seemed like a pretty cool set if just for the launcher.
OOOoooohhhhh yyyyyeeeeeeaaaaahhhhh! And that's the one with the balsa wings instead of plastic. Really nice kit had at a really nice price. :)

James Pierson 05-07-2007 08:00 PM

That's a great find Bill. Once in a while I will see an vintage kit misplace under Space Toys catagory on e-bay. A month of so ago there was a centuri UFO that sold cheap under the Space Toys catagory.

James Pierson
NAR# 77907

SEL 05-09-2007 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...25415&rd=1&rd=1
This was my 16th birthday present way back in the day. I've still got the rocket, now disassembled, and the Big Foot pad, crushed during the move, but seeing it all together in the box again will be a real rush. My original remains unflown and I don't know that I ever launched from my Big Foot pad. Not sure why I was the only bidder on this. Seemed like a pretty cool set if just for the launcher.


Yeah - I picked one up on ebay last year for $14.00 or so with motors/engines/woosh generators (THAT should please everybody! :D ). I bought it mainly for the Big Foot. Good deal, Bill!

Sean

scigs30 05-10-2007 01:51 PM

I too bought this rocket off of ebay because I wanted it when I was a kid. For the most part it was a good build, but I had to do a lot of filling and sanding in the nose area. Also I had a tough time with the old decals. I am going to build the Maxi X Wing someday if I can buy one, but I will make my own decals. Here is my build of the X wing.

http://rocketryforum.com/showthread...highlight=XWING

A Fish Named Wallyum 05-10-2007 05:14 PM

This just arrived today. It has all of the paperwork included with it, including the Big Foot pad instructions and decal. How much, if any, do you want me to scan for YORP, Scott?
I'm on my way upstairs with my camera in a minute. I'll get some good pics. The balsa and plastic X-Wing is pretty sharp unpainted. I think I'll build this one and leave it unpainted. (I have my original back on the build table. That one I'll paint.)

Ltvscout 05-10-2007 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
This just arrived today. It has all of the paperwork included with it, including the Big Foot pad instructions and decal. How much, if any, do you want me to scan for YORP, Scott?
I'm on my way upstairs with my camera in a minute. I'll get some good pics. The balsa and plastic X-Wing is pretty sharp unpainted. I think I'll build this one and leave it unpainted. (I have my original back on the build table. That one I'll paint.)

I dunno, depends on what is already online I guess. Are the original balsa X-wing plans already on JimZ or YORP? I don't need anything else out of there.

A Fish Named Wallyum 05-10-2007 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout
I dunno, depends on what is already online I guess. Are the original balsa X-wing plans already on JimZ or YORP? I don't need anything else out of there.


I looked. Didn't see it on either site. I'll check the Semroc classics list. I think it was on Shasta at one point. I scanned everything anyway. :cool:

A Fish Named Wallyum 05-10-2007 09:14 PM

Nope, it's nowhere.
http://www.semroc.com/Store/scripts...arts.asp?ID=149
It's not very easily cloned, but it's still a plan. I have the decals, which someone else may need.

Ltvscout 05-11-2007 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
Nope, it's nowhere.
http://www.semroc.com/Store/scripts...arts.asp?ID=149
It's not very easily cloned, but it's still a plan. I have the decals, which someone else may need.

Okee doke. You know where to send them. ;)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:46 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.