Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Kit Collecting (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New! Vintage Estes Rockets Website (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=12198)

ejh64 02-17-2013 01:26 PM

New! Vintage Estes Rockets Website

Greetings!

Just wanted to take a moment to tell the YORF community of the completion of phase I of my Estes K-Kit research website, VintageEstesRockets.com

As a lifelong collector, I began contemplating putting this site together many, many years ago. Back in the early 90's I began to photograph my collection, but never took it past that point. My kits were photographed with a 1.3MP camera, which was state-of-the-art for the time. As you might suspect, I re-photographed my collection a couple of years ago with a better camera, and it was at that time I had the site's layout sketched in a notebook and began the work that is now online.

The site is comprised of items from my collection. Over the past few years I connected with Joe Warner (Mojo1986) and just recently, obtained a large amount of materials for the site. Joe's input has been very important to help with the completion of phase 1. Here's a brief overview of what the site contains, as well as what's forth coming:

PHASE 1 Completed:
  • K-Kit Registry
  • Digital scans and Photoshop cleaned face cards
  • Hang Tags
  • K-Kit Designers
  • Pre-Damon & early Damon Era Advertising
  • Some Catalogues

Phase II Underway:
  • MRN
  • Catalogues in Full
  • Parachutes
  • Acknowledgements
  • Links
  • Other related items

If you're an Estes collector, I'm certain that you will enjoy what is presented here. It's very enjoyable! :)

To keep up with updates and the progression of the site, visit the What's New page.

Finally, I'm interested in your feedback. If there is something that needs added or corrected, drop me an email thru the email link on the What's New page.

To the moon!

Kindly,

Eric Higgins

Leo 02-17-2013 01:31 PM

Very very nice Eric

Robobud 02-17-2013 02:04 PM

Awesome

Great site...!

Maxx Mayhem 02-17-2013 05:12 PM

Great work!

Initiator001 02-18-2013 12:17 AM

What an usefull resource.

Thanks for putting this together.

Joe Wooten 02-18-2013 06:26 AM

Good job!

It brings back a lot of late 60's memories....

Rocketcrab 02-18-2013 07:39 AM

Very cool website! Had a bit of trouble getting there however. The link posted abve wasn't working for some reason. Got there via Google.

JohnNGA 02-18-2013 01:15 PM

Eric, great job..I started rocketry in 62 seeing all the old kits brought back good times.

samb 02-18-2013 01:33 PM

Outstanding ! A labor of love I know, but alot of folks will get the benefit of your work. Thank you. I hope you are renumerated in some way from purchases on the "schwag" link.

Access was fast and navigation was easy.

I'm still looking for a picture of my first Estes love. It was a starter set with a handled cardboard box that doubled as a range box. Contents included the Alpha and, I think, a Streak. Red plastic Electro-launch, technical reports and probably some other stuff I'm forgetting. I received this as a gift in 1968 from a science teacher who worked for my Dad over summer break. Thanks Mr. Stead !

Fuse Eh! 02-18-2013 09:57 PM

Very nice! Brings back some great memories, thanks!!