Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   FreeForAll (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   A bit of my digital portfolio (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=11672)

Brain 09-29-2012 05:51 PM

A bit of my digital portfolio

5 Attachment(s)
This may seem a little self-serving, but since some members have shown at least a little appreciation for my 3D work I thought I'd put a few examples up that seem to steer towards the subject of this forum. Thanks for indulging me...!

Brain 09-29-2012 05:52 PM

5 Attachment(s)
And...

Earl 09-29-2012 06:34 PM

Brian-

Nice work.....what 3-D package do you use? Do you do any animation work by chance?

Earl

tbzep 09-29-2012 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain
And...

The first photo in this second set reminds me of Roger Wilco's garbage scowl in the Spacequest games. After clicking on it, I take it that it's from the tv show Quark? The last one looks like the Skydiver from Gerry Anderson's U.F.O. tv show.

luke strawwalker 09-29-2012 10:48 PM

Quote:
This may seem a little self-serving, but since some members have shown at least a little appreciation for my 3D work I thought I'd put a few examples up that seem to steer towards the subject of this forum. Thanks for indulging me...!

I like the third one-- looks a lot like the "Salvage I" Vulture... very cool...

The last one reminds me sort of an invader type... sorta like the Estes Invader, but a different take on it...

The second one is cool... looks like an early Starfleet design...

I'm sure Pem-Tech would go crazy for the first one, though it's much to "50's sci-fi" looking for my tastes... not that that's a bad thing, just not my forte...

Later! OL JR :)

luke strawwalker 09-29-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:
And...

Third one is very cool... looks like something that should be cruising somewhere behind the Galactica in the rag-tag fleet... :)

The last one looks like it came straight out of the UFO TV series... the SkyDiver...

KUTGW!!! OL JR :)

stefanj 09-30-2012 12:12 AM

Very cool. A nice mix of styles.

Brain 09-30-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl
Brian-

Nice work.....what 3-D package do you use? Do you do any animation work by chance?

Earl

I use a free prog called Wings3D (recommended) for the modeling and I export models from there to another prog (not free!) called Swift3D by Electric Rain, where I add colors, textures, lighting, scenery... and yes, I have animated with it (integrates well with Flash) - go here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93fFMjpb5us Also Google 'Stone Trek'. I've had a little animation show up on TV, and there are probably bits of my work all over the 'Net.

Brain 09-30-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
The first photo in this second set reminds me of Roger Wilco's garbage scowl in the Spacequest games. After clicking on it, I take it that it's from the tv show Quark? The last one looks like the Skydiver from Gerry Anderson's U.F.O. tv show.

It is indeed the ship from Quark. Nobody remembers that show! Only 3D model of it that I know of on the Internet, thank you very much. I think that goes for the Skydiver as well... :D

Brain 09-30-2012 12:05 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke strawwalker
I like the third one-- looks a lot like the "Salvage I" Vulture... very cool...

The last one reminds me sort of an invader type... sorta like the Estes Invader, but a different take on it...

The second one is cool... looks like an early Starfleet design...

I'm sure Pem-Tech would go crazy for the first one, though it's much to "50's sci-fi" looking for my tastes... not that that's a bad thing, just not my forte...

Later! OL JR :)

Maybe you mean the fourth one? That was my idea for the Endeavour from Arthur C. Clarke's Rendezvous With Rama. I even have a 3D model of Rama itself! Look!

The last one is the Skydiver from the British TV show 'UFO'.

The second one is the Blackstar/Hypertug, from another BIG project a friend of mine and I worked on for years ('Blackstar')... actually had two issues of a b&w comic published back in the 80's by Imperial Comics... you can still find it cheap online! It wasn't that good, the comic. The story concept is great, though!

And Mr. Pem-Tech and I have like minds! :D