Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Kit Collecting (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   On the OOP trail again (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=18627)

A Fish Named Wallyum 06-27-2020 12:15 PM

On the OOP trail again

It recently occurred to me that I have two old kits laying around from vendors who are no longer around, but I'm having trouble finding all the parts. I have a Vaughn Brothers Buzzard that I've yet to build, but it's eluded me so far. I also have an Aardvark Skywriter that appears complete, except that I've misplaced the instructions. If and when I reunite the parts and pieces I'll scan them and put them in the plans section. Might feel the need to build them. It's probably time. :rolleyes:

snaquin 07-04-2020 10:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
It recently occurred to me that I have two old kits laying around from vendors who are no longer around, but I'm having trouble finding all the parts. I have a Vaughn Brothers Buzzard that I've yet to build, but it's eluded me so far. I also have an Aardvark Skywriter that appears complete, except that I've misplaced the instructions. If and when I reunite the parts and pieces I'll scan them and put them in the plans section. Might feel the need to build them. It's probably time. :rolleyes:
Ken Johnson of Aardvark Rockets had some really nice kits. :cool:
Is this picture that I attached the Aardvark SkyWriter you have?

http://web.archive.org/web/20020802...rockets.com:80/

I couldn’t find any info on a SkyWriter other than the rocket at this Wayback Machine link to when this SkyWriter kit was still in BETA testing and I wasn’t familiar with it. If this is the same rocket that you have that is one very cool OOP find.

I bought a bunch of stuff from Ken Herrick with Al’s Hobby Shop back in the day and he handled a good selection of Aardvark kits. I had two of the mid powered 2.6” dia. Black Brant kits and a ton of their RockSim files that I had downloaded unfortunately on a hard drive that died.

A Fish Named Wallyum 07-05-2020 08:09 AM

Yep, that's it. I never could get organized enough to sit down and figure the whole thing out. The instructions still haven't shown up. I remember taking them to work with me one night to go over at lunch. Unfortunately that was around the time we moved, so I have to work that into the picture as well. Welcome to my world.

snaquin 07-05-2020 09:19 PM

Quote:
Yep, that's it. I never could get organized enough to sit down and figure the whole thing out. The instructions still haven't shown up. I remember taking them to work with me one night to go over at lunch. Unfortunately that was around the time we moved, so I have to work that into the picture as well. Welcome to my world.
I like the unique design of a BT50 model rocket with three clustered 18mm booster motors and one 18mm sustainer motor. The upper most fin design reminds of the FSI Mach-1 Dart also similar to the FSI Micro. I hope you can figure it out and decide to move forward with building it. It looks like a super and somewhat challenging rare kit build for your collection. I can't imagine there are many of these out in the wild. Very nice.

A Fish Named Wallyum 07-06-2020 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaquin
I like the unique design of a BT50 model rocket with three clustered 18mm booster motors and one 18mm sustainer motor. The upper most fin design reminds of the FSI Mach-1 Dart also similar to the FSI Micro. I hope you can figure it out and decide to move forward with building it. It looks like a super and somewhat challenging rare kit build for your collection. I can't imagine there are many of these out in the wild. Very nice.

Based on the pic you posted, I think I can get a handle on it. Seems pretty simple as I look at it now. Someone already sent in the Vaughn Brothers Buzzard, but I'm going to try to get this scanned and sent to Scott and Jim.

snaquin 07-06-2020 07:03 PM

Quote:
Based on the pic you posted, I think I can get a handle on it. Seems pretty simple as I look at it now. Someone already sent in the Vaughn Brothers Buzzard, but I'm going to try to get this scanned and sent to Scott and Jim.
That would be great Bill. Looking forward to that thanks!

A Fish Named Wallyum 07-08-2020 07:36 PM

This afternoon I was downstairs looking for my Goblin decals. I picked up a pile of stuff from the Hoosier cabinet and started going through it. The last piece was the instructions for the Aardvark Rocketry BT-50 SkyWriter. I scanned everything and sent it to Scott. One down, one to go.