Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   FreeForAll (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Happy Thanksgiving All (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=21170)

Earl 11-23-2022 09:37 PM

Happy Thanksgiving All

From our home here in Georgia we extend our prayers and well-wishes for a happy and safe Thanksgiving holiday for all!

And while all may not be great or wonderful in your life right now (we all have been through tough — and tougher — times in our lives), generally there is always something — and often, many things — we can be truly thankful for every day of our lives.

So, however you celebrate the holiday and whatever your circumstances may be, have a joyous and safe Thanksgiving with those you desire to be with most!

Earl

BEC 11-23-2022 09:56 PM

Thank you very much, Earl.

May you and yours have a joyous and safe Thanksgiving as well.

Faithwalker 11-23-2022 11:01 PM

Amen!!! Thank you, Earl!

May you and everyone on this forum be blessed with a wonderful Thanksgiving season! We all have much to be thankful for! I know I do. If we have breath and life, we should be sure to give thanks to the One who gave it to us. When we count our many blessings and name them one by one, it just may surprise us what the Lord has done! It is some of the best medicine to dispel all bitterness and sadness when we give thanks and glory to God!

For those who are reading this, I'm thankful for each of you!

Blessings to all,
Jeff Jenkins
aka: Faithwalker
NAR #46879 SR

Keelcam 11-24-2022 06:25 AM

Same to you all……may you have a blessed, and Happy Thanksgiving!!

mycrofte 11-24-2022 07:12 AM

Our house might be a bit messy this year but I finally got the new water heater in yesterday! All while Mary and her daughter made food for Thanksgiving.

___

jeffyjeep 11-24-2022 08:55 AM

“The Vixen” and I wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving—that’s filled with love, peace, joy, friendship, and plenty.

Today’s menu:
Cornish game hens
Stuffing
Rack of New Zealand lamb (cooked obscenely rare)
Basmati rice
Grilled asparagus
Sweet potatoes
Homemade yeasty dinner rolls
Pumpkin pie
Oberweiss eggnog
Booze

Jeffrey Smith (USN) and Mary “The Vixen” Smith

stefanj 11-24-2022 09:16 AM

Spending the day thinking of the things my mom did for us; she's in hospice.

Nothing tragic; she lived a good long life and multiple health concerns finally caught up with her. Goodbyes made.

jeffyjeep 11-24-2022 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanj
Spending the day thinking of the things my mom did for us; she's in hospice.

Nothing tragic; she lived a good long life and multiple health concerns finally caught up with her. Goodbyes made.

So sorry that she’s in hospice. I lost my mom in 2005. She was an invincible single mother that taught me tolerance, frugality, music, and EVERYTHING I know about culinary arts. I’ll always miss her wisdom and warmth.

Faithwalker 11-25-2022 09:30 AM

My Mom, who is 81, spent Thanksgiving in the hospital due to the flu, congestive heart failure, and A-fib, but that didn't stop us from visiting her and sharing some of the Thanksgiving delights with her. We've been praying for her healing and for her to be well enough to be discharged from the hospital today. Praise God, looks like that prayer is being answered!

My stepdad turned 89 this week and is in a Veterans Home with dementia, but we are planning to check him out for the weekend to reunite him with my Mom and to have a birthday celebration for him. Another praise!

My children and grandchildren are all here with me, except one daughter who is a Registered Nurse and currently serving on a medical mission trip in the Ivory Coast of Africa but will be returning home to the USA tomorrow for us all to be together and hear of all her experiences while sacrificing her Thanksgiving to be on the other side of the world to help others in need. So proud of her! Another praise!

To God be the glory!

The Lord is good all the time; and all the time He is good!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q376chG2yDs

Kind regards,
Jeff Jenkins
aka: Faithwalker
NAR #46879 SR

ghrocketman 11-25-2022 11:41 AM

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.
We had a great dinner catered by "Crust baking company"
Menu:
Appetizers:
Lobster Claws, Jumbo Shrimp, assorted cheeses/olives/pickles.
Main course:
Citrus rubbed Turkey Breast
Boursin-infused Mashed Potatoes
Apple/Sage Stuffing
Green Bean Casserole
Scalloped Corn
Cranberry salad with apples and Mandarin oranges
Gravy
Challah bread rolls
Dessert:
Black Forest Torte
Pumpkin Pie
Assorted Fresh fruit
Assorted Frankenmuth Chocolate Truffles

Beverages:
Lindemans Framboise Lambic
Lagavulin 16yr Scotch, Macallan 18, Flor de Cana 18 Rum
Pacifico Clara Cerveza with Lime
Fabula Coffee with Baileys and Chambord

It was a gourmet extravaganza

For breakfast we had Moet Mimosas and fresh strawberry and maple syrup topped Belgian Waffles.

We are all very thankful for all we have.
Could have been a cold turkey sandwich and Schlitz Beer (which is very good) as long as we were together.