Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Projects (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   return to the fold (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=18907)

Green Dragon 10-09-2020 01:03 PM

return to the fold

1 Attachment(s)
Well, here I am, lol .... not posted on YORF forever.

I don't consider myself a BAR, never really stopped, just dormant periods - last launch we attended was NSL 2018, longest no flight period was 2012 to 2015, although I've been lurking, occasionaly posting on the fb groups.
How long do you have to be in hiatus to be a BAR ? lol.

Anyways - unboxed a bunch of stuff from the shed, dusting off the fleet and seeing if any damage, etc.
Plus have the usual ' never got painted and finished' pile, plus a slew of 'kits' made up for clones.
gonna be a fun winter :)

Here's one pic of the built fleet coming out, will have to line up the kits and projects for a photo-op

AL

David_Stack 10-09-2020 01:16 PM

K-27 Honest John! Nice!!!

The Nike Smoke, old Centuri, Quest? (I can't imagine it is the current Estes 7247 kit)

r/
Dave

DavidQ 10-09-2020 01:19 PM

Wow, those rockets will make for a fun day of launching.

SCooke123 10-10-2020 12:04 AM

Nice pile of rockets there!

LeeR 10-10-2020 06:11 PM

That’s a nice collection of oldies.

Hey, what’s that new Vapor doing in the upper right corner? :)

ghrocketman 10-10-2020 07:20 PM

Very nice heap of classics that would make for a fun launch.
At least one of them should be launched with at least DOUBLE the amount of power one could reasonably hope to recover it with.
That guarantees you WILL get it back.
An original 20n-sec Aerotech D21 in something like an Estes Sprint or Wizard fits the bill.

Green Dragon 10-12-2020 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Stack
K-27 Honest John! Nice!!!

The Nike Smoke, old Centuri, Quest? (I can't imagine it is the current Estes 7247 kit)

r/
Dave

That's the Quest Nike Smoke, although I do also have a Centuri 1.6" version I unearthed.

Let the tune-ups begin.

PaulK 10-17-2020 09:49 AM

Welcome back? Sounds like a good project you've got!

john ager 10-17-2020 04:00 PM

I see an old Firefox in the pile. Should that one ever go up forsale, please let me know.

SEL 10-17-2020 05:26 PM

I spy an FSI 'Sprint' and an Estes 'WAC Corporal' in the pile...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Dragon
Well, here I am, lol .... not posted on YORF forever.

I don't consider myself a BAR, never really stopped, just dormant periods - last launch we attended was NSL 2018, longest no flight period was 2012 to 2015, although I've been lurking, occasionaly posting on the fb groups.
How long do you have to be in hiatus to be a BAR ? lol.

Anyways - unboxed a bunch of stuff from the shed, dusting off the fleet and seeing if any damage, etc.
Plus have the usual ' never got painted and finished' pile, plus a slew of 'kits' made up for clones.
gonna be a fun winter :)

Here's one pic of the built fleet coming out, will have to line up the kits and projects for a photo-op

AL