Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   FreeForAll (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Estes Bring Backs (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=21294)

Ltvscout 01-23-2023 10:13 AM

Estes Bring Backs

Estes started sending out a survey asking you to rank 15 different rockets in the order you'd like to see them brought back. I encourage everyone that gets this survey to fill it out. Besides helping to decide what old kits we get to see again you get entered in a drawing to win a Falcon 9 kit!

For those of you that have taken the survey already, can you guess which kit I put at number one? :chuckle: :D :chuckle:

jeffyjeep 01-23-2023 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout
Estes started sending out a survey asking you to rank 15 different rockets in the order you'd like to see them brought back. I encourage everyone that gets this survey to fill it out. Besides helping to decide what old kits we get to see again you get entered in a drawing to win a Falcon 9 kit!

For those of you that have taken the survey already, can you guess which kit I put at number one? :chuckle: :D :chuckle:

I'm going to guess either the Gemini Titan or The Dude (but probably not the The Dude.)

My vote will be for a Vern Estes Chia Pet!

Ltvscout 01-23-2023 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffyjeep
IMy vote will be for a Vern Estes Chia Pet!

:chuckle: :D :chuckle:

ghrocketman 01-23-2023 02:30 PM

Gemini Titan for sure, but it better be like the old BT-70 K-21 and NOT that almost all plastic turd of the early 90's.
Astron Cobra, Astron Ranger, Astron Scrambler.

Don Altschwager 01-23-2023 03:05 PM

Cylon Raider :chuckle:

LeeR 01-23-2023 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout

Super LTV Scout? :)

Ltvscout 01-23-2023 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeR
Super LTV Scout? :)

Ding Ding Ding! Lee wins!

That would be cool if they did an upscale of their original kit.

ghrocketman 01-23-2023 05:23 PM

Black Hole Cygnus Probe Ship

tbzep 01-23-2023 05:29 PM

In the interest of myself forgetting about some models, post your list!

Some classics are so easy to clone, I wouldn't ask, especially since I've already cloned most of them. Some are easily cloned except for decals with white or metallic, such as the Citation Patriot that they've already given us.

Several on this list I've either already built the kits, cloned them, or have preserved kits that I don't want to dig into. However, everyone should have a Centuri Taurus, for example, even if I've already cloned it. I'd like to have an easy to build backup for some of them as well.

Right now, my list looks like this. Because I've cloned so many of the classics, my list probably looks different from many of yours. My list will also be subject to change after seeing more of your lists, considering these were just off the top of my head.

Estes:

BT-70 based Gemini Titan
1/72 Saturn 1B
Pershing 1A
LTV Scout
Starlab
Soros and Nomad (same parts)
Quasar (early version)

Centuri:

Alien Scout Ship Flying Saucer
SSV Scorpion
Boeing ALCM
Buck Rogers Starfighter
Fighter fleet kits (F-104 especially)
Mach 10
Nomad
Taurus (with plastic NC's and transitions so I wont have to finish so much balsa this time!)

PaulK 01-23-2023 06:17 PM

-

I've cloned most of the ones I'd ask for, and Semroc made excellent kits of others I haven't yet built, so there's not much left. Here's a few:

- Gemini Titan, Cluster, BT-70. Upgrades like a molded capsule or engines would be cool.
- Firing-Line Vampire would be neat, and easy if the Jinx molds are still around.
- Citation Quasar Starter Set, with Chromed parts, clipped fins, and chrome launch pad, and limited edition chrome Electron beam!
- Starlight (I somehow missed getting a Semroc one, easy clone, but still)
- Upscale Cobra, 24mm motors
- Upscale Trident, 24mm motors
- Upscale LTV Scout, 24mm motors
- Solar Sailer complete with the cool chute

I'd only vote a Pershing Maxi Brute if it was 4", but that might be dicey on the E16/F15 motors. Certainly wouldn't want a downscale of a Maxi-Brute! No need for an upscale Starship Vega, I have the Q-Modeling one, and Semroc makes a standard size one.

For Centuri kits, many of the tube sizes would be wrong, and Semroc has most of them available in accurate clones. A Pro Series Laser-X would be cool, BT-50 to BT80 would be about right. How about a Pro Series Orion?