Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Mission Control (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   2023 World Spacemodeling Championships will be in the U.S. (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=19559)

Gus 05-10-2021 07:47 PM

2023 World Spacemodeling Championships will be in the U.S.

Really thrilled to announce that the 2023 FAI World Spacemodeling Championship will be held in Austin, Texas. This is the first time in 31 years the event will be held in the U.S.

WSMC 2023 Announcement

Earl 05-10-2021 08:13 PM

Really good news! So, the last one held here was 1990? Where was that? I was so busy in high power stuff then that I had forgotten about it. The last one I remember being here was in 1980 at Lakehurst, NJ.

Earl

rocket.aero 05-10-2021 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl
So, the last one held here was 1990? Where was that? I was so busy in high power stuff then that I had forgotten about it.

The last World Championships held in the US were in 1992, in Melbourne, Florida.

James

Earl 05-10-2021 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket.aero
The last World Championships held in the US were in 1992, in Melbourne, Florida.

James

Ah, ok. Thanks James.

Earl

Ez2cDave 05-11-2021 12:02 AM

And now, those "Foreign Elite Modelers" will get the distinct "pleasure" of dealing with the "TSA" . . . I wonder how the "sniffers" will "like" their propellant compositions . . . Muwahahahaha !

Dave F.

rocket.aero 05-11-2021 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ez2cDave
And now, those "Foreign Elite Modelers" will get the distinct "pleasure" of dealing with the "TSA" . . . I wonder how the "sniffers" will "like" their propellant compositions . . . Muwahahahaha !

Only NAR Certified motors will be used at this Championship, and they will be provided by the organizers. None of the parlticipants will need to arrange for shipment of motors.

James

Ez2cDave 05-11-2021 12:16 AM

Quote:
Only NAR Certified motors will be used at this Championship, and they will be provided by the organizers. None of the parlticipants will need to arrange for shipment of motors.

James

FINALLY, a "level playing field" . . . About time !

Dave F.

shockwaveriderz 05-11-2021 03:39 AM

Quote:

James

James will this be standard-issue off the hobby shelf Estes Motors for the lower impulse events? or will they be making some motors with longer delay times?

rocket.aero 05-11-2021 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwaveriderz
James will this be standard-issue off the hobby shelf Estes Motors for the lower impulse events? or will they be making some motors with longer delay times?

Current plan is to go with standard off-the-shelf motors, just like one would find in a hobby shop. The only special aspect would be to have all motors of a single type from the same production batch.

frognbuff 05-11-2021 06:29 AM

Quote:

James

Another reason to get Klima motors certified by NAR and available here!