Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Ask the Doctor (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   A ? for the Rocket Doctor (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=2301)

caheaton 10-10-2007 02:14 PM

A ? for the Rocket Doctor

I remember reading (I think it was in this forum) about some of the kits you had in the pipeline at Estes that were cancelled. (I especially liked the shooting star). Have you ever considered taking those (or any of your other ideas) to Quest or a similar vendor to see if they were interested? (Or are the designs still considered Estes' property). Just curious....
Craig

Rocket Doctor 10-10-2007 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caheaton
I remember reading (I think it was in this forum) about some of the kits you had in the pipeline at Estes that were cancelled. (I especially liked the shooting star). Have you ever considered taking those (or any of your other ideas) to Quest or a similar vendor to see if they were interested? (Or are the designs still considered Estes' property). Just curious....
Craig

No, they are mine. I had my prototypes returned, half of which were damaged.
Right now, Estes has at least 12 - 15 of my prototypes in the "rocket graveyard" where prototypes are put for later consideration.

I have a lot more prototypes at home as well, that were shot down and returned.
I have launched several at the June and Sept GSSS launches here in NJ.

One potential designs were the Skunk familt that I called Lil Stinkers, I had a mini, standard and D powered version, they looked like skunks, even down to the tails.

Some might think, not more of this type of rocket like the Pop Fly, Porta Pot Shot and the others, but at the Sept launch, I had many great comments on my larger skunk.

I have all types of prototypes, if a compant wants tp produce my designs, get in touch with me, if they weren't already produced by Estes under an agreement between the two parties, they are mine.

Maybe sometime I will post some photos.

caheaton 10-11-2007 10:40 AM

I would be interested in seeing the photos (as I'm sure other forum readers would be too :) ...I admit I'm not a huge fan of novelty rockets myself, but they have their place and there are a couple I do like. The Pop Fly seems like a good way to get my nephew involved with rockets and the Porta Pot Shot is on my list as a present for the office Christmas party.

The skunk rockets sound interesting...maybe you could tweak the design and make them into squirrels and then approac Don at Squirrel Works? The Shooting Star is the one I would really like to see fly...it looks like it would be an excellent night flyer.

Craig

Ltvscout 10-11-2007 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Doctor
Maybe sometime I will post some photos.

Ken,

Send them to either Leo or me and we'll get 'em online for you.

Rocket Doctor 11-01-2007 12:43 PM

I will be taking photos of some of my designs, unfortunately, I still have about 13 in Colorado yet.

I would usually make two of each, one to keep and one to submit.

I have the original 36 D Squared ( Double D's and the Pencil Rocket)

I'll try to get atleast a couple posted soon.

The Shooting Star would be a great dusk/night flyer.

Rocket Doctor 11-03-2007 06:11 PM

I have snet some photos to Scott to download on the forum, I will have to retake the photos of the Shooting Star though.
Keep watching here for some photos in the very near future.

Ltvscout 11-04-2007 04:13 PM

Rocket Doctor's Rockets Part 1

10 Attachment(s)
Here is the first set of pics of the rockets Rocket Doctor designed.

Ltvscout 11-04-2007 04:15 PM

Rocket Doctor's Rockets Part 2

8 Attachment(s)
Here is the second set of pics of the rockets Rocket Doctor designed.

Rocket Doctor 11-04-2007 06:14 PM

Thanks Scott, I will have to post the names of the rockets........

Ltvscout 11-04-2007 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Doctor
Thanks Scott, I will have to post the names of the rockets........

Write up blurbs in email for each of those two posts with the pics. Send the blurbs to me and I'll insert them directly into those posts with the pics so things don't get confusing. ;)