Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   For Sale (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   MPC 212-200 Flare Patriot (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=19857)

JAL3 09-03-2021 11:40 AM

MPC 212-200 Flare Patriot

6 Attachment(s)
Here's another oldie. It's an OLD MPC in the unopened original packaging. It's not the most distinctive rocket ever made but it is nice with the styling of a sounding rocket. It ha an 18mm motor mount and recovers under a streamer.

I am asking $75

This kit is offered for sale in an effort to liquidate my collection of kits and is being offered via cross postings on The Rocketry Forum and Ye Olde Rocket Forum. The price indicated is what I have determined by looking for evidence of similar sales but, admittedly, might reflect a poor judgement on my part. I'm just doing the best that I can. The price does NOT include shipping. Interested persons are invited to contact me via PM and I will calculate the shipping. Payment is expected by means of PayPal, Zelle or Venmo. My intention is to make shipments twice per week after confirming receipt of funds. I will try to give the most accurate descriptions I am able to provide and will happily answer any specific questions either by PM or within the post thread.

A Fish Named Wallyum 09-04-2021 12:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAL3
Here's another oldie. It's an OLD MPC in the unopened original packaging. It's not the most distinctive rocket ever made but it is nice with the styling of a sounding rocket. It ha an 18mm motor mount and recovers under a streamer.

I am asking $75

This kit is offered for sale in an effort to liquidate my collection of kits and is being offered via cross postings on The Rocketry Forum and Ye Olde Rocket Forum. The price indicated is what I have determined by looking for evidence of similar sales but, admittedly, might reflect a poor judgement on my part. I'm just doing the best that I can. The price does NOT include shipping. Interested persons are invited to contact me via PM and I will calculate the shipping. Payment is expected by means of PayPal, Zelle or Venmo. My intention is to make shipments twice per week after confirming receipt of funds. I will try to give the most accurate descriptions I am able to provide and will happily answer any specific questions either by PM or within the post thread.

This was my first vintage kit from eBay back in 2001. I think I paid $16 for mine, including postage. I was so excited to get it, and when it showed up, the original packaging was water damaged and looked to have been used as a seat cushion. I scanned everything and sent it off to JimZ because the plans didn't show up anywhere on the interwebs. Surprisingly the only damage inside was the tip of the nose cone, which I managed to salvage rather artfully. Took forever, but I eventually got it built, painted, decaled and flown. Those MPC decals are a pain to work with, but they really bring a lot to the table if you can get them to release from the backing paper.

Earl 09-04-2021 01:28 PM

For a good number of years, the MPC kits were somewhat easy to acquire off eBay and other sources. However, in the past 4-5 years that has largely changed and they just don't come up quite as often. Some were kinda hard to find anyway, like the Viper, Star Hawk, and the Mini Roc Astrobee D.

But across the board they just seemed to have gotten a fair deal harder to find, if one were looking to build a collection.

Earl

Initiator001 09-04-2021 07:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a Flare Patriot I built three years ago.

I planned to fly it at NARAM-60 but the model never made it out to the launch pad. :rolleyes:

stefanj 09-05-2021 10:12 AM

Trivia:

The Flare Patriot, without the Patriot part, was one of the few MPC models that originated with MRI. (The other was the Zenith II, which was also produced by Quest!)

I bought a Flare from AVI in the mid 70s. Somehow most of the model was lost, but I retained the long T20 balsa cone. I used that (and a scrap piece of T20) to clone the MRI "Lepus," a very nice sport flyer. I lost it after final, very impressive flight on a C6-7.

JAL3 01-14-2022 03:20 PM

Price Reduced

Asking $65

JAL3 04-23-2022 01:51 AM

Price Reduced Again

Now Asking $60

JAL3 05-19-2022 11:49 PM

3rd Price Reduction

Now Asking $50

JAL3 07-01-2022 11:23 PM

4th Price Reduction

Now Asking $45