Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   RockSim Asylum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Passing of Bruce Levison (Tefflon rocketry) (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=18426)

BSNW 04-07-2020 09:35 AM

Passing of Bruce Levison (Tefflon rocketry)

2 Attachment(s)
Hello all-

It was a trip in getting here. My name is Andrew Kleinhenz.

I am a good friend of Dr. Bruce Levison. I know he posts a lot on this forum.

I am sorry to tell you that he passed away this morning. He was taken by COVID 19.

I can go on and on about how generous he was. he was instrumental in encouraging me to return to my science career and helped me do so. He and I launched together often here in Ohio. We have our own little field we would often go to. He was a master modeler and loved this hobby with all his heart. He kept his patience while managing scores of cub scouts. He was a guru of RockSim. He even "simmed" my Level 2 rocket. He opened his workshop to me and we often spent afternoons together working on our projects. He was kind-he was our friend. I will miss his endless knowledge of model rocket history. I will miss his friendship.

I will miss him terribly. Please pray for his wife Deb. Please pray for his family.

Andrew Kleinhenz.
TRA #12272 L2

Ltvscout 04-07-2020 09:39 AM

I'm very sorry to hear about Bruce's passing, Andrew. He and his knowledge will be missed here at YORF.

I didn't realize he was a published PhD. Here's a link where you can find out more about what Bruce did.

https://www.utoledo.edu/med/depts/p...er/levison.html

Vanel 04-07-2020 09:44 AM

Very sad news - Bruce will be missed.

My sympathies to his family.

ratchetman 04-07-2020 10:30 AM

My sympathies to friends and family. He is a huge loss to the hobby and the world.

sandman 04-07-2020 10:42 AM

I met Bruce and Deb at numerous NARAMs and I always looked forward to seeing them.

I will miss him.

His death is so sad.

Rocketflyer 04-07-2020 11:09 AM

Oh man, this is sad news. I had chatted with Bruce privately a couple of times. What a great guy. What a loss. My deepest condolence to his family.

astronwolf 04-07-2020 11:14 AM

He was just posting stuff too. This was fast. He and I knew each other when we were students at CWRU. I'm going to miss him.

Ltvscout 04-07-2020 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronwolf
He was just posting stuff too. This was fast. He and I knew each other when we were students at CWRU. I'm going to miss him.

His last post was the evening of 3/31/20.

A Fish Named Wallyum 04-07-2020 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSNW
Hello all-

It was a trip in getting here. My name is Andrew Kleinhenz.

I am a good friend of Dr. Bruce Levison. I know he posts a lot on this forum.

I am sorry to tell you that he passed away this morning. He was taken by COVID 19.

I can go on and on about how generous he was. he was instrumental in encouraging me to return to my science career and helped me do so. He and I launched together often here in Ohio. We have our own little field we would often go to. He was a master modeler and loved this hobby with all his heart. He kept his patience while managing scores of cub scouts. He was a guru of RockSim. He even "simmed" my Level 2 rocket. He opened his workshop to me and we often spent afternoons together working on our projects. He was kind-he was our friend. I will miss his endless knowledge of model rocket history. I will miss his friendship.

I will miss him terribly. Please pray for his wife Deb. Please pray for his family.

Andrew Kleinhenz.
TRA #12272 L2

Wow, that's a gut punch. He just posted the other day. Fun guy to fly with. You never knew what he was going to bring to the field. :(

rocketguy101 04-07-2020 12:42 PM

Wow, what sad news! He will be missed! I always enjoyed his Rocksim hacks. RIP... prayers for his family.