Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Kit Collecting (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   The Bat yeargg!!!! (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=307)

rmmcdaniell 07-25-2005 05:57 PM

The Bat yeargg!!!!

The BAT on ebay

Yikes!!! this is one kit I think many desperately want to clone, but I don't know when we'll be able to get the plans with prices like this.

Phred 07-25-2005 06:06 PM

That just seems fishy to me.... I mean $160+ for this lil' thing? Don't get me wrong, I like this rocket a lot, but what is the deal here? Is the engine hook gold plated?

Ltvscout 07-25-2005 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmmcdaniell
The BAT on ebay

Yikes!!! this is one kit I think many desperately want to clone, but I don't know when we'll be able to get the plans with prices like this.

Heh, I was watching you bid on this. If your bid was going much higher I was going to ask you what you were smoking. ;)

I have an opened kit of The Bat. Kurt Schachner has it since he wanted to scan it in for me. That was a year or two ago. :D I'll give him a nudge, nudge, wink, wink to see if I can get my kit back along with the scans.

rmmcdaniell 07-25-2005 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout

I have an opened kit of The Bat. Kurt Schachner has it since he wanted to scan it in for me. That was a year or two ago. :D I'll give him a nudge, nudge, wink, wink to see if I can get my kit back along with the scans.

That is good to know, now I can put my money to better use.

ghrocketman 07-26-2005 02:40 PM

Seems outrageous to me for a typical 3FNC rocket that isn't even very interesting.
The only unique thing about this rocket was the fin shape.
I can right now buy an UNOPENED K-29 Saturn 1B for only $35.00 over this price.
Which seems like the better deal ????

mojack82 07-26-2005 09:36 PM

When I saw this auction & the price, I just had to chuckle.

And I hope I'm not spoiling folks here ---

I think it was on the oldrockets forum over at Yahoo- someone said they didn't like this kit because the bat on the fin decal was obscenely flashing his groin...

Now, I just don't think I can ever look at this kit again without some goofy grin on my face...

:D :o :eek: ;)

BTW: I think it's time to update my signature starting with rule #1 to see if I can help out all my fellow poor slobs who have daughters...

mojack82 07-26-2005 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmmcdaniell
The BAT on ebay

Also, when you say "The Bat yeargg!!!!", could it be you're making an off-hand, veiled, but most appropriate reference to the exquisite, jump-the-shark, election screech of the current chairman of the DNC?
Or am I merely projecting?

Just curious , mind you. ;)

Jack

mojack82 07-26-2005 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojack82
...I think it was on the oldrockets forum over at Yahoo- someone said they didn't like this kit because the bat on the fin decal was obscenely flashing his groin...

Pretty cheesy, quoting your own post!

However, for those of you who're biting their fingernails with anticipation, I didn't see it on oldrockets. It was posted by rocketflite over at TRF.
There, I feel much better.

Jack

Ltvscout 07-27-2005 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
Seems outrageous to me for a typical 3FNC rocket that isn't even very interesting.
The only unique thing about this rocket was the fin shape.

It's got a neato decal too. ;)

ghrocketman 09-06-2005 10:34 PM

There is now another Bat kit on ebay as of 9-6-05......